Honored Contributor

Re: Lauren Ralph Lauren Fall Skirt

@Nonametoday wrote:

I am already getting this ready (in my mind's eye) to wear.  I will use one of my purplish or lavender camisoles or tank tops and a black denim jacket with black suede boots, silver bracelets (John Hardy, David Yurman, my silver watch), charm bracelet on right arm and silver hoop earrings.

@Nonametoday 

WONDERFUL description!  Unfortunately, I need a little more supportive boot on the floor.  I really dislike the "combat boot" look by the way.

Honored Contributor

That is so pretty and just looks like fall.  Feels like fall today here in East Texas, it is August and only 82º today.  Finally having some May weather with fall in sight.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday  you are going to look amazing! I love Ralph Lauren! I have many pieces that are years old.and your choice of jewlery...love it! Work it girl! I'm going to the website!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

I am already getting this ready (in my mind's eye) to wear.  I will use one of my purplish or lavender camisoles or tank tops and a black denim jacket with black suede boots, silver bracelets (John Hardy, David Yurman, my silver watch), charm bracelet on right arm and silver hoop earrings.

@Nonametoday 

WONDERFUL description!  Unfortunately, I need a little more supportive boot on the floor.  I really dislike the "combat boot" look by the way.

@ECBG 

Oh, I do too.  I have black suede heeled boots from the late 1990s or early 2000 before Parisian Department store was bought by Belk from Saks at a price of $285 million.  I think that was about 1996.  So these boots are old but Parisian sold "very good stuff."  High-end boots that have stood the test of time.  Every time I wear them I get loads of compliments and people asking where I got them.  

Honored Contributor

I love the whole look, that's totally my style.  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree @Nonametoday @Franklinbell @beckyb1012 @Greeneyedlady21 (I hope I got everyone!).

The Ralph Lauren skirt came yesterday, but was not my style.  If you are small through the thigh, that IS your skirt.

The skirt went back today.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@chrystaltree @Nonametoday @Franklinbell @beckyb1012 @Greeneyedlady21 (I hope I got everyone!).

The Ralph Lauren skirt came yesterday, but was not my style.  If you are small through the thigh, that IS your skirt.

@ECBG 

I went by Dillard and tried it on.  It was so long that had I gotten it and hemmed it, it would have destroyed that last tier and I did not want to do that.  Hips do fine on me because I don't have any (LOL) but as I am so short, it just did not work.  It is beautiful, however.  I could have had the top tier and second tier adjusted but by the time I did that, I would have a couple hundred invested, and I did not think it worth it.  There will be other things I will love.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@ECBG 

I went by Dillard and tried it on.  It was so long that had I gotten it and hemmed it, it would have destroyed that last tier and I did not want to do that.  Hips do fine on me because I don't have any (LOL) but as I am so short, it just did not work.  It is beautiful, however.  I could have had the top tier and second tier adjusted but by the time I did that, I would have a couple hundred invested, and I did not think it worth it.  There will be other things I will love.

@Nonametoday 

Our Dillards had the dress out of the same georgette in the floor.  I really liked it but I would have prefered an elblw length banded sleeve in place of the flutter sleeve.

You may like it!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@ECBG 

@Nonametoday 

Our Dillards had the dress out of the same georgette in the floor.  I really liked it but I would have prefered an elblw length banded sleeve in place of the flutter sleeve.

You may like it!Smiley Happy

@ECBG 

I saw that.  I did not have time to try it but decided it was probably a no for me as well. Salesperson showed it to me.  I will find others I like.  I loved the colors of this one.  Just so fresh and fall-like.

Regular Contributor

I love Ralph Lauren. I have 3 of his skirts. Absolutely love them.