Contributor

Re: Ladies what do you use to get wrinkles out of new clothes without ironing?

Presuming they are machine washable, I would always launder a garment prior to wearing it. That will also reveal how well it launders and how much upkeep it will require, subject to how well it dries. Hang/lay flat to dry, depending on the instructions.

Esteemed Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@Biftu wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

I try to steam them out, which never works -- is there a trick to this I don't know?  And then I take out the ironing board.  

Sometimes, depending on the fabric, just hanging up the garment for a few days will loosen wrinkles.  

I recently tried on the sprays, and I have had no luck with this either.  And it requires more work than I realized.  I thought I could just hang and spray, but they also expect one to smooth the wrinkles with the fingers.  Taking out the ironing board out is faster and yields reliable results.  If anyone has had good results with a spray, I'd love to know which and how!  Is there a trick to this?

@NYCLatinaMe  As I stated above, I use Downey Wrinkle Release with good results.  I find it very easy to use, just spray and use your hand or pull fabric to smooth.  No trick, it couldn't be easier or quicker. I always brought this along when I used to travel.

Thanks @Biftu.  

Do you spray and pull at the same time, and you find that sufficient, or is there more pulling after the spraying?  How do you "use your hand"?

Thanks again!

@NYCLatinaMe  I don't fuss with it.  I spray one section at a time such as the front of a shirt and just use my hand like waving up and down or side to side then just taughtly pull the fabric after spaying if needed which it rarely does.  But really technique doesn't matter much.

Esteemed Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@Biftu wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

I try to steam them out, which never works -- is there a trick to this I don't know?  And then I take out the ironing board.  

Sometimes, depending on the fabric, just hanging up the garment for a few days will loosen wrinkles.  

I recently tried on the sprays, and I have had no luck with this either.  And it requires more work than I realized.  I thought I could just hang and spray, but they also expect one to smooth the wrinkles with the fingers.  Taking out the ironing board out is faster and yields reliable results.  If anyone has had good results with a spray, I'd love to know which and how!  Is there a trick to this?

@NYCLatinaMe  As I stated above, I use Downey Wrinkle Release with good results.  I find it very easy to use, just spray and use your hand or pull fabric to smooth.  No trick, it couldn't be easier or quicker. I always brought this along when I used to travel.

Thanks @Biftu.  

Do you spray and pull at the same time, and you find that sufficient, or is there more pulling after the spraying?  How do you "use your hand"?

Thanks again!

@NYCLatinaMe  I don't fuss with it.  I spray one section at a time such as the front of a shirt and just use my hand like waving up and down or side to side then just taughtly pull the fabric after spaying if needed which it rarely does.  But really technique doesn't matter much.

Thanks @Biftu.. I'll work on my technique to see if I can achieve your results.