Trusted Contributor

Ladies, Help Please: A213621: Pebble Crepe Tunic

This top is SO popular and I've been looking at it for a long time, but the measurements appear so SHORT for a tunic. If you own, please comment. I'm only 5'5" but I do love tops that are 29-30" long. This one in my size is barely 28" which isn't really tunic length. BUT (as we all know) the measurements given aren't always accurate. It's on easy pay today so I'd really love to give it a try. I'm either XL or 1X, so any comments on the fit would be great, too. And thanks to all of you ladies, I'm proud to say... I'm a Linea convert. Smile

Respected Contributor

Re: Ladies, Help Please: A213621: Pebble Crepe Tunic

I have the same questions regarding the pebble crepe tunic. I hope you get some responses.
Respected Contributor

I love the design of this Top - have it in Black (with the matching black Skirt), Chili Pepper - and just ordered the White ( shipped but not received). Am 5' 9" - and it comes to the top of my hip bone - for me - this length works well with both Skirts & Pants. The Pebble Crepe has NO stretch - so I did go up one size.
Valued Contributor

I wear my pebble crepe tops over matching color bohos mostly and this length works for me. I'm 5'7" and definitely prefer a longer tunic as well but somehow the cut and design on these just "works" for me. I thought the same thing as to length about this top and did not "go" for the pebble crepe top until 2013 and it had been around TWO seasons by then! Here's the review I wrote in 2013:

" How did I not know how fabulous this tunic and the pebble crepe fabric was?? I must have passed it by a jillion times. No more! This is one of the favorite pieces in my wardrobe now. So much so that I stalked the red and brown which were sold out in my size after securing the navy and the black. It is immensely comfortable, light and airy. Just floats on the body. Looks smashing with the matching boho skirt (navy coming in May 2013) or over the new Linea ivory pleated skirt which is also, like the Linea boho, a hardly-there construction as to adding no weight on in the hot months. I love the little v-split at the sleeve end on the sleeve seam. Adds comfort and looks so flattering. How does Louis know that if you put the v on the underarm seam it's more flattering (in plus) than on TOP of the sleeve? Couldn't be because he's the most brilliant designer in my view at the Q, right? And the pockets are just plain gravy. Louis designed them so they are flat - I mean they add nothing visually on the profile - but there they are for comfort. Throw on one of Louis' fabulous long necklaces - or more - and you are out the door in cool comfort and looking chic! SO glad my stalking paid off! "
Respected Contributor

I'm also tall--5'9"--and this pebble crepe tunic hits me at top hip, but if I understand your question, this is not a typical "tunic" length. That tunic characterization can be confusing in this case. Most of my true tunics are long/straight and hit at top thigh. Having said that...it IS a wonderful, easy-to-wear top in an easy care fabric.

Hope this helps a bit. I'm sure someone closer to your height will weigh in on the accuracy of the measurements & fit.

Valued Contributor

This piece is not a long tunic, & the length given in the "click here" is accurate. I'm 5'7" & it hits me around mid hip. It is also a woven, so there is no stretch. However, the reviews should tell you how wildly popular this top is. I haven't looked, but if there's a video, why not look at that for some guidance? None of the LDO regular models are shorter than 5'8", & Maria is a l-xl.

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi Bon,

The ladies are correct, this is NOT a tunic-length top. It is tunic-like in its ease, comfort, coolness, and chic-ness as the Owl has described in her review.

With that being said, I'm 5'3", and it hits me at the lower hip. Covers my entire midsection to just below the crease of where my leg meets my body (which is important to me). It doesn't completely cover my backside - but almost!

I have the black and coffee bean, and I really need a couple of additional colors for I reach for them all summer. I am an XL due to bustiness, and I stayed true to size without any problem (even though the fabric is woven and doesn't stretch). However, I could prob go up a size for flow-ier look and be ok too. HTH.

Trusted Contributor

And this is why I love the Linea forum most -- you guys are all so helpful, and nice! I did watch the video hoping regular model Maria would be wearing it, but she wasn't. It appeared long enough on those lovely TALL models, so I guess it should be fine on shorter/curvier me! Off I go to order! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Respected Contributor

On 2/18/2015 BonAtTheBeach said:

And this is why I love the Linea forum most -- you guys are all so helpful, and nice! I did watch the video hoping regular model Maria would be wearing it, but she wasn't. It appeared long enough on those lovely TALL models, so I guess it should be fine on shorter/curvier me! Off I go to order! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Bon, I'm sure you won't be sorry you ordered it. It's on my list of one of the Linea must-have classics. I took a chance on it a year ago, and now I have it in four colors & counting. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

Super Contributor

I have it in Red in XL, my normal size, and it is too wide across the shoulders. I have should have returned it. Now I try finding something to wear underneath to fill the gap. Otherwise the top is very pretty and classy looking.