Esteemed Contributor

Re: LOVE the sweater coat that is HSN's TS

I like it, but missed the boat for the colors I would have preferred in my size (green or gray).

Honored Contributor

for pilling on any fabric i highly recommend THE GLEENER! i bought one for myself and gave 6 of them as christmas gifts to family members last year.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I just happened upon hsn and saw the sweater coat too. WOW - what a nice design. The ivory looks thin/lightweight. Wondering if all of the other colors are like that too.

Regular Contributor

On 9/30/2014 imaclotheshog said:

{#emotions_dlg.unsure} It's cute but I am passing. So tired of seeing 100% acrylic pieces offered in these styles just to keep the price down! Cheap material and does not hold up. It's hot, it pills, it is itchy and I just hate it. Would it be SO much trouble to do a piece like this in a cotton blend? I go out of my way when I am buying an item like this to find one in a nice fabric. And yes I am willing to pay more money for it.

Stepping down from my anti-acrylic soapbox now. Sorry. {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

I liked the style but knew at that price it had to be acrylic so I passed. If it had been cotton or cotton/rayon, I would have ordered it. I am not a fan of acrylic at all.

Honored Contributor

On 9/30/2014 pink dogwood said:

I just happened upon hsn and saw the sweater coat too. WOW - what a nice design. The ivory looks thin/lightweight. Wondering if all of the other colors are like that too.

Yes, the ivory is thin/see through. Watched a few min of the show via live stream to see the host in the ivory. I do like the concept and some of the design features, but not crazy about the ribbed collar or the yarn. It's a pass for me.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

I love the look of this sweater and I am a fan of good quality acrylic because it is washable - however, I live in Florida and would have little use for a medium weight sweater like this so it is not value for the money for me. For all who got it I hope you love it. I am jealous of all the beautiful winter clothes, but not of the weather that allows you all to wear them.

Super Contributor

On 9/30/2014 imaclotheshog said:

{#emotions_dlg.unsure} It's cute but I am passing. So tired of seeing 100% acrylic pieces offered in these styles just to keep the price down! Cheap material and does not hold up. It's hot, it pills, it is itchy and I just hate it. Would it be SO much trouble to do a piece like this in a cotton blend? I go out of my way when I am buying an item like this to find one in a nice fabric. And yes I am willing to pay more money for it.

Stepping down from my anti-acrylic soapbox now. Sorry. {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

I hear you and feel the same exact way. I always appreciate good design, which I think this is, but I'm not a fan of the 100% Acrylic fabric (whether is pills or not, I just don't prefer the feel), so I'm passing - and looking for a nicely designed "sweater coat" replacement for this one at the stores, even if it costs me more. Sometimes certain things are just worth it as far as I'm concerned.

Esteemed Contributor

Anthony clothing is very good quality.. I brought the red for my niece for a b-day present.

Super Contributor

Wow, this was a successful TS. It looks like all the colors have pretty much sold out. Bobbie looked so cute in the green last night in the AM that I had to order it, and got the scarf and hat as well. I wish it was something other than acrylic myself, but anything else would be prohibitively expensive. I love the vest-like layer. Now if my Linea blue peacoat falls through the waitlist cracks, at least this will be some consolation.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I bought it in the ivory, I saw it on air during a jewelry presentation the day before and was wondering what the item was, I liked it so much! In another Antthony presentation they referred to a "special" upcoming TSV - they were right! I was tempted to buy it in more than one color, but I live in Florida and have enough Dennis Basso outerwear and Isaac Mizrahi sweaters for "just in case," but I couldn't resist this, and the ivory will go with everything!