Honored Contributor

Re: LOOSE CLOTHING BECOMES A TREND?

@Tinkrbl44  Any other shopping sites certainly welcomed! I'm tired of looking.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@ECBG

Great! I'm happy to hear that it's not part of the jacket. I'm going to check it out but I need another jacket like I need another hole in my head LOL

Where did you find it for $65?

@Andreatoo

I think if @ECBG is referring to the jacket, the cobalt one is on sale at Dillard's for $62.  I think the red ones and pink ones are still full price.

Item #04804712

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@ECBG

Great! I'm happy to hear that it's not part of the jacket. I'm going to check it out but I need another jacket like I need another hole in my head LOL

@Andreatoo

I think if @ECBG is referring to the jacket, the cobalt one is on sale at Dillard's for $62.  I think the red ones and pink ones are still full price.

Item #04804712

It's IC from Dillards.  I love that line.  Everything is fashion forward but tastefully so.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@ECBG

@Andreatoo

Item #04804712

It's IC from Dillards.  I love that line.  Everything is fashion forward but tastefully so.

@Andreatoo, Ah yes.  This one will always be its own style!  The designer button as well as the style, yum.  Always, without exception, fresh.  (I have taught for 36 yrs. and fashion was in that.  I don't buy anything that isn't a sharp updated classic.).  Hope you enjoy!

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus aww is ok no offense taken. Sometimes one has to be mindful when using the written word and use of adjectives such as lazy, never, always (anything all inclusive) etc as the written word can come across more harsh devoid of seeing the individual's face or being able to hear the tone of the individual. I am always mindful is not what we say but how we say it? LOL no problem hugs to you xoxoxoxoxo Stormy

Honored Contributor

@Stormygirl. Appreciate your understanding & tips. 🌸

Honored Contributor

I am not a fan or wearer of the athleisure trend in clothing. I do own a few sweatpants but I only wear those around the house. I prefer more structured garments. My casual outfit is jeans, a top or sweater, and sneakers, flats, or boots. I am usually more dressed up than most people I see at work or just out and about. That's just my style. I don't care what others wear - that's their style. Sometimes I have a bit more trouble finding what I like because a certain trend is dominating the market, but I can still find a few new things each season. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@ECBG @lolakimono

Thanks ladies. I figured it out when I found the red one for $148.

But the difference between the two seems to be minimal if anything?

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@ECBG @lolakimono

Thanks ladies. I figured it out when I found the red one for $148.

But the difference between the two seems to be minimal if anything?

@Andreatoo,If you were planning to let it out, remember it doesn't hug the body.  You should be fine.  Just order for the shoulder.

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Having studied design, I can tell you that some designers will always include wearability in their garmets.  As women age and hormones take over, their clothing silhouettes change.  Customer's needs in part drive design.  

Loose clothing has always been around somewhat.  Remember the shift?  The "moo moo"?  

Eileen Fisher is doing some items with more flair to go over fitted tops.

IC by Dillards is a beautiful line with great proportion and a good weight fabric for proper fit.

Even though I have a small waist, I have one of these jackets.  The fabric is substantial enough to hold its shape.

Remember "What Not To Wear" principles.  A lot of fabric creates a bigger image.

IC Collection One-Button Asymmetrical Jacket

Related image

@ECBGtotally agree with the What not to wear mantry!  The statement is so true, but begs the question -- why would a styllist put the heavy model in the 2nd picutre into a tunic with so much fabric around the hips to create even more fulness and add full leg pants.  Actually, I think she would look much better in something a bit more streamlined and closer to the body.