Respected Contributor

Hi Everybody!

I don't really understand the Koolabura strategy.  Why have a sister line that is claimed to be just as good, similar styles but just cheaper?  

I have a few pairs of Uggs boots, so I don't really need another.  What about you?  Do you plan to get?  Do you like the sister line better than the Ugg brand?

Hope everyone has a great day!  one week till Halloween!!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Koolaburra TSV 10.24

[ Edited ]

Ugg boots are so different. Because they're real lamb they never get horribly hot like the tsv  which are lined in acrylic. My opinion. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

They are not even close in my opinion. I tried on a pair of the Koolaburra boots. They are not the same quality as Ugg’s.

Honored Contributor

Go with UGGS, last for years.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

@justashopper  Yeah, I get they wanted a more affordable option for buyers that like UGGs but not the price but I have to agree with the other commenters just buy the UGGs.  If you need a more affordable option I have some Bearpaws that I love just as much as my UGGs and yes they are lower cost.  Both brands have their good points and bad.  But Koolaburra has never had a lot of 5 star reviews on their stuff but I guess if it sells they will keep offering it.   Everyone has their favorite fuzzy boots, and just like sneakers everyones level of comfort and support is different. So, buy what makes your feet happy Smiley Happy  Btw, I do think they are cute but I don't need any more fuzzy boots.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Neither UGG nor Koolburra have water-resistant suede uppers which means they need to be treated with a suede spray often to help keep them from getting ruined by water.

Koolaburra uses man-made materials in their interiors while UGG is made of genuine sheepskin with the interior being the fur of the animal. Not to sound gross but I own a pair of UGG boots and they have an odor on the inside b/c of the real fur.

I prefer BEARPAW b/c those have permanently treated suede uppers,  the interior lining is a wool blend (removable footbed liner is genuine sheepskin) and breathable. They also offer outsoles which have more aggressive tread for better traction.

Honored Contributor

More than I'd pay, plus I don't like the bow.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I've sold both, the inside fabrications are different. Need & price point at times determines who buys what. IMO, these are a good option for growing feet or for ladies who want a fun color, may not wear them everyday, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

No comparison.  For me I love the real lining, makes a hugh difference.

They compete with all the other lower cost Ugg knockoffs.  Uggs are pricey so they do fill a need for those who choose not to pay the price.