Respected Contributor

Re: Kim Kardashian's Wedding Dress

I think the photo of the dress from the back is beautiful, and her figure looks nice.

Honored Contributor

Kim is probably the most beautiful woman in the news today. She has a gorgeous face. Whether you like her or not, she is the Elizabeth Taylor (as far as looks) at this point in time. She is just as good at acting as Elizabeth Taylor as she acts out in real life each and every time she is in public and on TV, and her whole life may have been an act. Her academy award is the extravagance of her lifestyle that she has worked for in that every designer, caterer, everyone wants to add their label to her.

Her mother, not my style (but a big hat tip to her if that is what they all want), promotes and markets these girls very well. There is probably no mother alive now that does such a commercial job on her children and there must be thousands of mothers whose daughters are equally beautiful but who do not have access to the market or the media like these girls do.

So anyone who wants to hate them only diminishes themselves because these girls are beautiful and Kim is at the top when it comes to looks. I would never want their lifestyle nor their infamous bed and plane boarding but it is not for me to judge them.

I do not have to spend money on them. I do not have to like nor dislike them. I only say this was a beautiful dress. She is a beautiful woman. She is a beautiful bride. Her family may be very dysfunctional but they are not physically ugly. I have not walked that mile in their shoes, so I do not know their hearts and minds.

Esteemed Contributor

On 5/30/2014 namealreadytaken said:

Kim is probably the most beautiful woman in the news today. She has a gorgeous face. Whether you like her or not, she is the Elizabeth Taylor (as far as looks) at this point in time. She is just as good at acting as Elizabeth Taylor as she acts out in real life each and every time she is in public and on TV, and her whole life may have been an act. Her academy award is the extravagance of her lifestyle that she has worked for in that every designer, caterer, everyone wants to add their label to her.

Her mother, not my style (but a big hat tip to her if that is what they all want), promotes and markets these girls very well. There is probably no mother alive now that does such a commercial job on her children and there must be thousands of mothers whose daughters are equally beautiful but who do not have access to the market or the media like these girls do.

So anyone who wants to hate them only diminishes themselves because these girls are beautiful and Kim is at the top when it comes to looks. I would never want their lifestyle nor their infamous bed and plane boarding but it is not for me to judge them.

I do not have to spend money on them. I do not have to like nor dislike them. I only say this was a beautiful dress. She is a beautiful woman. She is a beautiful bride. Her family may be very dysfunctional but they are not physically ugly. I have not walked that mile in their shoes, so I do not know their hearts and minds.

BRAVO!!!! I feel the same way you do, but if I would have posted this, I would have been bashed from here to eternity from the posters on the board I hate the most, the Fashion Board!!!!

Honored Contributor

Holy cow! I was wondering if any other post collected 12,000 responses in as few days as this one. This topic certainly did attract a lot of comment.

Honored Contributor

The back of the gown is stunning. The fabric is gorgeous. I like the idea of the groom picking out things and surprising the bride if it is not her first wedding. Of course, this would only work if the groom has good taste, understands women's fashions, and has a great sense of style. The veil looks beautiful from the back, but I do not love it for profile pictures. The waist and bottom part of the dress are beautiful, but the bib seems a bit strange. The bride and groom look genuinely happy and I think the groom planning the wedding took mountains of stress off the bride. This wedding is the first wedding for Kim because with the first wedding she was too young to be married and it never worked out, with her second wedding, I did not feel there was any sincerity behind her marriage vows, but with this third and hopefully, last wedding, I see a glowing bride and groom who look to me, to be head over heels in love with each other.

Super Contributor

Are you kidding - no one cares who wear white anymore - surprised anyone is even getting married anymore - anything goes these days - not that I like it but that's the way it is.

I really cant stand Kim and most of what she wears is very tacky but I do really love this dress - for once she chose a dress with class.

And sorry skinny and flat butted ladies - fat butts are in!

Honored Contributor

On 5/25/2014 NanaS said:

And enough all ready with the huge fat butts ! so unflattering. Will the twins be next to have their butts enlarged?

Before and After. She did her face too.

Honored Contributor

It's 2014 and everyone accepts that wedding gowns are just costumes and anyone can wear the full blown, white gown and veil; regardless of marital history or age. I didn't really care for her latest wedding gown but I loved the previous one.