Trusted Contributor

Re: Kim K.'s Grammy dress and new haircut

Uh oh, the jealously card. Get real! What's next .... "Haters gonna hate" ...
Super Contributor

On 2/8/2015 birddrops said:

Many on this thread show no class, slamming these people ad finitum. Such kind, caring people you are.

That's not my intention. Someday it will all blow up in their face. The nastiness is fitting.

Respected Contributor

On 2/9/2015 Serena-1130 said:
On 2/9/2015 Venezia said:
On 2/9/2015 golfcartrider said:
On 2/8/2015 MissBea said:
On 2/8/2015 luvtoshopathome said: Oh so we only criticize Kim, did you see Nicki Minaj's gown (sp?). Kim's hair looks great and the comment about her daughter is uncalled for. No matter what anyone thinks of her, I think she truly loves that little girl and takes good care of her. I'm not a fan of Kayne but when I saw him on Ellen, he was beaming when Ellen showed a photo of her and said he wants as many kids as Kim wants. Don't judge others or their lives, remember no one is perfect or has had the perfect life.
I will criticize whoever I please.

It's whomever...with an m.

So are you the grammar police? SO rude to call someone out on something so inconsequential.

Pick me apart, what did i do wrong. after all I did have to kwit scool in the 2nd grade too hep on the farm to put fod on the table.

Lol. No, I'm not the grammar police ma'am. I'm just exercising my right to criticize whomever I please.

And, as the "grammar police", you are wrong. Since the word "whoever" was not the object of a preposition, the usage of "whoever" was correct.

To whom, of whom, by whom - just as an example. Otherwise, it's "who" or "whoever". Not to worry...it's a common mistake.

That is a bit confusing... In this statement, "whomever" is the appropriate word to use:

We will hire whoever/whomever you recommend.

You recommend him. Therefore, whomever is correct

What is the difference between this statement and "I will criticize whoever I please."

I did not say get it right in this statement. Learn the difference for future criticizing. Better bone up on your grammar, because the grammar police will be watching waiting to criticize anyone they please.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Super Contributor

On 2/9/2015 BlingQueen022 said:
On 2/9/2015 Vivian said: I thought she looked terrible. The dress made her look heavier than she is...and all those "enhancements" make her look like a cheap caricature of a woman. She has no talent and no brains so all she can do to maintain the attention of others is to blatantly flaunt her physical assets, both natural and manufactured.

She must have some sort of brain because she's laughing all the way to the bank!{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Would you do anything for money??????????????????????

Regular Contributor

On 2/8/2015 MissBea said:
On 2/8/2015 luvtoshopathome said: Oh so we only criticize Kim, did you see Nicki Minaj's gown (sp?). Kim's hair looks great and the comment about her daughter is uncalled for. No matter what anyone thinks of her, I think she truly loves that little girl and takes good care of her. I'm not a fan of Kayne but when I saw him on Ellen, he was beaming when Ellen showed a photo of her and said he wants as many kids as Kim wants. Don't judge others or their lives, remember no one is perfect or has had the perfect life.
I will criticize whoever I please.

It's whomever...with an m.

So are you the grammar police? SO rude to call someone out on something so inconsequential.

Pick me apart, what did i do wrong. after all I did have to kwit scool in the 2nd grade too hep on the farm to put fod on the table.

Lol. No, I'm not the grammar police ma'am. I'm just exercising my right to criticize whomever I please.

In that case, get your who and whom correct.

Oh, I think I did. And if you would research for yourself the correct usage, you would see that I did also.

Again, this is from dictionary.com:

How do you decide which one to use? When in doubt, substitute him(sometimes you’ll have to rephrase the sentence) and see if that sounds right. If him is OK, then whom is OK. If the more natural substitute is he, then go withwho. For example: You talked to whom? It would be incorrect to say You talked to he? but saying You talked to him? makes grammatical sense.

I will criticize she - who/whoever

I will criticize her - whom/whomever

Super Contributor

These GRAMMAR POLICE should be band. Who are they impressing anyway??????

Respected Contributor

On 2/9/2015 sugarflake said:

Absolutely no one.. but themselves.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Regular Contributor

Again, I am not the grammar police, but if there is anyone who should be banned, it should be the posters with the hateful comments that pour out from them as easily as "Hello" does.

Respected Contributor

Banned?

Regular Contributor

On 2/9/2015 SoftRaindrops said:

Banned?

Ok. I am going to stop reading this thread now.