Respected Contributor

Re: Just finished a small closet purge.

I purged not long ago and not just clothes.  Still at it too but most of it accomplished.  Started with my daughter wanting her old day bed.  After that look out and decided good time to keep moving things out I do not use or need and also organize those I do. 

I am not a big saver but it does get away from you.   Also what I once saved I no longer want.  Things change.  I really feel good about it and have two big boxes in car that I keep adding to as I sort.  Once full away they go to donations.  I have already made a couple trips.I

What gets me is why oh why do I get things I hardly use or need.  

Contributor

Jackson7 if it makes you feel better you're not alone in buying things you barely use. I did a purge last week and bagged many items for donation that were never worn. Mostly due to impulse buying. I'm just hoping someone else will enjoy them.
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I took today off to do just that, go thru my closets. I'm pretty good about cleaning out my closet. I usually keep a bag in the closet just for that reason. I have 4 13 gallon kitchen garbage bags to drop off tomorrow.. I really need to be better, spend more money getting high quality pieces of clothing. Question is do those manufacturers/brands exist with just about everyone cutting back on quality while raising the prices? It truly is a sin the amount of money I've spent on these clothes I'm donating. Hopefully someone enjoys them.