Honored Contributor

Re: Just a personal observance......

[ Edited ]

I always go for Navy; it’s my black. I rarely buy black clothing. I prefer bright colors or Navy, especially Navy/White together.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

black......its a major part of my wardrobe. i do like all black, but i love when black is amped up with a bold color or print on top of a column of black.  bold accessories also help make an all black look more sophisticated.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I always wear black when I want to dress for an occasion.

Esteemed Contributor

I do think that black looks chic and sophisticated.  BUT, if I were to dress in black for a special occasion (or any other occasion) no one would be talking about how chic and sophisticated I looked.  They would all be wondering what fatal disease I had.  I have very pale skin that isn't rosy-toned, but instead is yellow toned.  If I wear black near my face I look washed out and sallow.  Black is not my friend, and I learned that a looooong time ago.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

I love wearing black, however I think blonds look better in navy. I like to accessorize with classic jewelry pieces or scarves. 

=======

@RetRN, I think white pants and a bright turquoise top look elegant with some Southwest jewelry. Not that I'd wear it five days in a row of anything like that.