Honored Contributor

Re: Just Noticed the Christmas Trees in all the Shows...

On 10/15/2014 Sooner said:
On 10/15/2014 LipstickDiva said:

ValuSkr, I'm one that takes my tree down either the day after x-mas or 2 days after. By that time I want my house back to normal.

I don't think we are putting up a tree for the first time ever this year. We have one big party early in Dec. then it's over for us, so why bother with all that? A big wreath on the front door and fireplace and candles in all the windows will suffice. That being said, decorations in stores doesn't bother me. I pretty much ignore them until I'm ready to begin the holidays.

I generally have family over on x-mas eve but even when we were doing nothing for the holiday at our house, I still put up a tree. I do love a tree. One of my favorite things to do is turn off all the other lights, turn my tree on, listen to x-mas music and drink some wine. Smile

Contributor

They can put up their Christmas trees, play Christmas music, push their Christmas decorations but I WILL NOT BUY for the holidays until I am ready and I am NOT ready.

Honored Contributor

On 10/15/2014 jerseygirl1 said:

They can put up their Christmas trees, play Christmas music, push their Christmas decorations but I WILL NOT BUY for the holidays until I am ready and I am NOT ready.

My feelings exactly! I don't watch a lot of QVC on tv anymore but at this time if year, I watch even less. All the ho ho ho foolishness when the leaves have just begun to turn color and Thanksgiving is weeks and weeks away is a turn off. I click on QVC and if they are pitching Christmas stuff, I click it right off. It's too early. Even the stores here hold off on Xmas stuff until the day after Halloween....

Honored Contributor

This is one of the reasons I barely celebrate Christmas. Three months is just too long.

Super Contributor

Trees and witches ? as in HALLOWEEN----I do not get it.

Honored Contributor

On 10/15/2014 BOYINTX said:

You DON'T? You've never seen Christmas Witches? WHERE have you been?

Trusted Contributor

HSN has their trees up too..........Colin Cowie is on today showing his items. I also noticed them on ShopHQ.

Trusted Contributor

I agree with the hate on the big flocked white one that is so much in the foreground. No need to pretend it's about HIM anymore is there.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

To me personally, the Christmas season is from Thanksgiving to New Year's. I don't pay attention to anything about Christmas before then, I don't care how many Christmas trees they put up. It doesn't dictate anything at all about my shopping.

Super Contributor

On 10/15/2014 Sooner said:
On 10/15/2014 BOYINTX said:

You DON'T? You've never seen Christmas Witches? WHERE have you been?

lol