Esteemed Contributor

Re: Joan is gone but please keep her jewelry and clothing line alive and growing

A lot of posters suggest that Melissa take over showing her mother's line. Evidently a lot of people do not remember that Melissa designed some Sterling jewelry that was brought out under the JR name. Melissa came on to present them. to be frank her personality did not lend itself well to this endeavor. I am sure she is a very nice person so please don't jump on me but she is certainly not her mother and does not have her mother's skills. I watched a couple of times and it was painful to watch her. not everyone can get in front of a camera and do what Joan did. The Sterling line lasted a very short time and then disappeared.
Frequent Contributor

Re: Joan is gone but please keep her jewelry and clothing line alive and growing

I recall Melissa designing and presenting her line. I agree, she struggled. I have two things to say; she is not her mother and she is her own person who may or may not, at this point in her life, being much older, have an interest in or the skills required to sell. That's fine.

I think what blossompie is referring to, is a comment by pupcakes that had a bitter or mean spirited tone. Why would anyone begrudge Melissa for how, when and if she becomes richer? What matters is the human being she is, which appears to be very much like her mother, in that she is kind, caring and talented in her own right.

New Contributor

Today I went to work today wearing one of Joan's beautiful pin's. It brought me much happiness du ring the day and I hope that her entire collection continues at QVC. My face usually hurt's from laughing at Joan but now it hurts from crying that I won't ever hear her voice again or see her dancing on stage. Please Melissa take the time you need to heal with Connor but make all of us happy by keeping the line going. OMG what product will I ever use if I run out of her famous root makeup for my red hair? She was such a great woman and I know I will still laugh at times when I remember how much fun she was to watch. Heaven just got a bit better! RIP my friend.

Super Contributor

Why not? Quacker Factory is still going.
Valued Contributor

Joan was in her 80's so I'm sure there is a plan in place. I don't think David would take the time from his grief to thank the QVC hosts if the line wasn't continuing. I did find it interesting he and Kathy were old buddies. I like David, he seems like a very nice person. But if he is Creative Director he can't be there constantly. He shared duties with Joan, mostly solo in the middle of the night. There will need to be another person and I would bet that has already been decided.

Frequent Contributor

I just looked at the month program guide and Joan Rivers is no longer listed for the 12th. I looked ahead and the show on the 16th with Dennis Basso doesn't include her.

Maybe it is too soon.

Has anyone seen an announcement?

Perhaps we have to be patient and wait for a show update or an announcement regarding her line.

Still holding out hope.

Not applicable

While no one can replace Joan Rivers, I'm sure she would love that her collections would be carried on because of the love of her friend and fans.

Super Contributor

On 9/9/2014 karuna said:

I just looked at the month program guide and Joan Rivers is no longer listed for the 12th. I looked ahead and the show on the 16th with Dennis Basso doesn't include her.

Maybe it is too soon.

Has anyone seen an announcement?

Perhaps we have to be patient and wait for a show update or an announcement regarding her line.

Still holding out hope.

It does seem from David's facebook post that the line will continue. He didn't come right out and say that but it sounded as it will. No word on her the scheduled shows that were to air this week. As I said before I bought my grandmother a few pieces from Joan's line but I basically just watched to listen to Joan and her stories which were always great. I will tune in to the first announced show just to hear what David has to say because the loss of Joan was is a deep loss that can't be replaced but I know the show must go on and money to make.
Super Contributor

No, I want it to end! Quacker factory should have ended also!

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/8/2014 pupcakes said:

No, continuing her line would only make Melissa richer. Joan wouldn't be there to present.

Put a blanket on that cold heart of yours!!