Respected Contributor

I enjoy her fashions and jewelry so I always like the shows.  Lately it seems prices are creeping up.  $60 for a boyfriend shirt?

Honored Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers shows Monday

@travelerI've never purchased any of Joan's clothing, but the price increase does not surprise me.  Yesterday I paid an extra $5 and change for one of my favorite cotton shirts at the local mall.  No shipping, although I did pay for my own gas, and still a third more than that boyfriend shirt.

Again, I can't vouch for the Rivers quality, but I buy mine with confidence that they will still look new for at least 5 years of wearing and washing --and wear perfectly well for another 5 years with a modicum of ironing.  Age doesn't matter -  these are basic classics that never really go out of style.

Someone else will have to chime in and tell me about their long-term experience with the Rivers shirts -  a review when they're brand new helps, but for me it's the long term that really builds value.

Honored Contributor

@traveler wrote:

I enjoy her fashions and jewelry so I always like the shows.  Lately it seems prices are creeping up.  $60 for a boyfriend shirt?

Agree!  Her bee pins have really gone up in price too - a lot.

Trusted Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@travelerI've never purchased any of Joan's clothing, but the price increase does not surprise me.  Yesterday I paid an extra $5 and change for one of my favorite cotton shirts at the local mall.  No shipping, although I did pay for my own gas, and still a third more than that boyfriend shirt.

Again, I can't vouch for the Rivers quality, but I buy mine with confidence that they will still look new for at least 5 years of wearing and washing --and wear perfectly well for another 5 years with a modicum of ironing.  Age doesn't matter -  these are basic classics that never really go out of style.

Someone else will have to chime in and tell me about their long-term experience with the Rivers shirts -  a review when they're brand new helps, but for me it's the long term that really builds value.

Chiming in here!  I own probably 12 of her boyfriend shirts, and they are worth every penny - especially the denim ones (high quality cotton).  The price has stayed right around $55-60 dollars for awhile now, unless it was a one time only (miss the element of surprise with those OTOs.....).  I love the boyfriend style and her shirts are the best!  No fading, pilling or shrinking.  Again, the denim (to me) are the best, but I have several other ones too, with no complaints.  

Esteemed Contributor

I am not bashing g LOGO, just a comparison, I have both, JR for a good eight years and LOGO for two and JR In far better shape, better quality and classier.

Respected Contributor

I have many pieces of JR fashion, mainly sweaters but some shirts too.  They wear like iron for me.  And I have way too much of the jewelry like the egg necklace.  Still enoy it all.

Occasional Contributor

Joan Rivers, her clothers and jewlery are always about quality and style. However, since her passing, her line, no longer stands out for me. She was clearly the wind, and inspiration and guidance behind this line. Prices are up on all things and I will pay more for the quality and design of clothing and jewlery if it is there. Sadly, in my opinion, the line is faultering without it's founder. I am a little disappointed that her daughter has not taken a more hands on approach to this line. But, then again, her interests may lie elsewhere. Joan Rivers set many examples for me about style and quality. I have jewlery that I purchased 20 years ago and it is still like new. Clothing that I still wear that looks terrific.

I miss you Joan. I miss your humor. I miss your realness. I miss your brilliance. Joan Rivers was the Heart and Sole of this line.

Spoiler

Honored Contributor

@10000Nicknames I agree 100%.  Joan Rivers' boyfriend shirts are exceptional quality and fit. I was pleasantly surprised by the 1st one I purchased, then they totally won me over with the 3rd & 4th.  Now I own 8 and love every one.

Honored Contributor

@10000NicknamesTks for the wash and wear info.  Knowing that, I'm going to say the JR shirts are probably inexpensive when we do a cost per wearing.  I'd far rather have one item that I really like the fit of fabric of than two or three cheaper ones that don't wear well.  I already have way too many "house only" shirts -  I need new clothes in which I feel good walking out of the house --  and for a few years.

Honored Contributor

I have never ordered any clothes from Joan that were sent back because of quality.  

Last summer I sent back a red cotton jean jacket because the red was too yellow and I can't wear that color.