Honored Contributor

A347332......is cute and I would have ordered had it not been 100% cotton.  I dont iron nor do I want to fret about shrinking.

Bummed.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

A347332......is cute and I would have ordered had it not been 100% cotton.  I dont iron nor do I want to fret about shrinking.

Bummed.

wash it, then 2 mins in the dryer, shake , then hang to dry will be fine 

Respected Contributor

i'm with you, @Imaoldhippie .   we have an event tomorrow, and i dragged the iron and ironing board out to iron the ONE top that i have that needs ironing.   i think it looked better before i took an iron to it LOL.  i am going to wear something else and save the poorly ironed one for another not-so-important occasion.  

Honored Contributor

I can't speak for Joan Rivers' collection, but I've been wearing no-iron cotton shirts for some years now with no shrinkage and very, very little ironing  -some of mine are about 7 years old and I do press those occasionally, but it's hardly ironing the same way it was when there were 10 white starched cotton shirts in the ironing basket.  That's a horrid memory!

Honored Contributor

I'm confused because I don't know why you think either thing would happen.  It won't shrink or wrinkle if you launder it properly.  I'd wash it in warm water on gentle and put it in the dryer on low to partially dry and then hang to finish drying.  

Honored Contributor

@millieshops 

Ironing my button downs!  That brought back some bad memories...LOL  I always liked crisp cotton button downs so back in the past, I spent many an hour standing at the iron board with a can of spray starch and a hot iron.  Thank heavens those days are over!

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree ...........100% cotton wrinkles when wearing and when washed and shrinks in the dryer no matter what low setting its on.  Besides cotton is so hot during the summer.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@chrystaltree ...........100% cotton wrinkles when wearing and when washed and shrinks in the dryer no matter what low setting its on.  Besides cotton is so hot during the summer.

Ok, that's your experience but it certainly is not everyone's experience.  You made the right choice for....yourself.   

Honored Contributor

I try to stay away from ironing.  

Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Bummed.

wash it, then 2 mins in the dryer, shake , then hang to dry will be fine 

Ita! I have one of her 100% cotton shirts...I never need to iron! Its all about the quality! Woman Happy

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West