Trusted Contributor

Is not having pockets a deal breaker for you?

It is for me. More and more clothing on QVC/HSN do not have pockets, and a lot of times there is no reason to not have them. There are so many ways to put pockets on a clothing article without adding bulk, I get frustrated when they don't put any pockets.

Pants especially. No front pockets, and teeny weeny back pockets that do not hold a thing are useless to me. There are even jackets that have no pockets!

In these days of "no bags allowed' or "bag search upon entering", it is so frustrating to not have a pocket. I do not bring any bag into places if I can help it. I bring my purse, but lock it in my trunk and not bring the whole thing in if I am only going to be there a few minutes.

I got the cutest summer dress on HSN last week, a T-shirt material, fits like a T-shirt on the top, and then falls into an A-framed bottom but with enough material to make it "twirly". Cute cute dress, and I was so excited that the dress has pockets! I did not even know it had pockets until I got it. It is from a new line they just introduced, can't think of the name of the company, but the clothes are very cute and well made. With pockets!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Is not having pockets a deal breaker for you?

I actually prefer no pockets for a cleaner line. 

Respected Contributor

I like not having pockets in my pants.  

Super Contributor

I agree with you! I want pockets.  And on a jacket I need DEEP pockets and they need to be angled so stuff doesn't fall out of them when sitting.  So many have silly little pockets and they go straight across instead of pointing downward.  I've been taking clothing into seamstress to have pockets replaced .  Now I'm very observant as to the pocket situation.  It costs too much to have the the seamstress redo them when the ''designers' could do their job better..

Honored Contributor

I haven't come across no pockets in ages.  Yes, it's a deal breaker to have no pockets.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

i prefer no pockets on my pants.......it creates a much cleaner/smoother line.

the only exception would be jeans.

i always have a handbag, clutch, crossbody, or tote with me. not sure where i would go where no purses were allowed?

dont have any trouble finding coats or jackets with pockets.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I'm finding less pockets in B&M stores too, especially jeans/pants.  I guess it's cheaper to make them without pockets.

Honored Contributor

I never think about whether something has pockets or not.

Honored Contributor

The only pocket I use is on my coat for my keys.  With a skirt, I may put my hand in the pocket when trying it on, but not when wearing it.  I can add pockets easily to anything.  I don't want them to gap and add to my hips!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I strongly prefer pockets in pants and must have them on a jacket (deal breaker).

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment