Honored Contributor

So I wanted the plaid maxi skirt and I purchased the petite XXS.  It was still too long but the waist fit perfect.  I decided to try the XXS midi skirt, which only came in regular length.  I received that one and the length was perfect but the waist was 2 inches TOO big.  I checked both garments for the size guide and the waist should be the same.  Only the length changes in petite.  How could the sizing be off by that much???  I double-checked the size on the tag and it's correct. 

Color me confused!

Trusted Contributor

@rms1954  Isn't that frustrating?  It makes no sense to me why that happens.  I've had that happen with Susan Graver capri pants.  I bought one in black and one in navy and the navy clearly had a smaller waist even though they were identical sizes.  I think the machines that cut the fabric in bulk have something to do with it.  The sizing is not accurate all the way through.

Honored Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers Sizing

[ Edited ]

@nova wrote:

@rms1954  Isn't that frustrating?  It makes no sense to me why that happens.  I've had that happen with Susan Graver capri pants.  I bought one in black and one in navy and the navy clearly had a smaller waist even though they were identical sizes.  I think the machines that cut the fabric in bulk have something to do with it.  The sizing is not accurate all the way through.

Extremely frustrating.  I rarely buy clothing from QVC because I like trying clothes on  This is my first Joan Rivers item so I made sure to check measurements.  If I purchase according to measurements, I expect them to be correct.  Now I have to send both back at my expense.  Grrrrrr.

Honored Contributor

I think JR stuff runs huge.