Trusted Contributor
I was watching it this afternoon and I wish Pat Dementri would quit saying her personal summer. We get it. So sick of that phrase. I turned her off.
Respected Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers Presentation

@Jinlei wrote:
I was watching it this afternoon and I wish Pat Dementri would quit saying her personal summer. We get it. So sick of that phrase. I turned her off.

I have never understood why people use nicknames for body parts and normal biological occurrences. Weird..

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Trusted Contributor

Agree.  They're on auto-pilot.  And it gets old.

Respected Contributor

@Jinlei  -  the things we learn here?!?!  I had to go to urban dictionary to look up the definition WOW that’s a new one on me.

Just more reminders of why I rarely watch or buy anymore.

Thanks for the lesson LOL !

Honored Contributor

I don't mind it.  I can't imagine a host saying:  "I'm going through menopause" on the air.  "Personal summer" is fine by me.

Esteemed Contributor

@Spacrazy Oh Boy.........for real?

Honored Contributor

I don't think either is appropriate discussion for a tv sales representative on air.  If I'm watching I want to learn about the product for sale, not information regarding a salesperson's personal body functions. JMO

@Krimpette wrote:

I don't mind it.  I can't imagine a host saying:  "I'm going through menopause" on the air.  "Personal summer" is fine by me.

Honored Contributor

@KrimpetteAbsolutely!  Euphemisms make language interesting to me.  If we can't use them, no one would pass away, no one would be plus size, no one would be a senior citizen, no one would ever have a buzz on, and on and on. 

Further, if the hosts would have to please every single one who watches with every word, the list of words would be so long, they might as well just run the web pages in silence! 

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

I don't think either is appropriate discussion for a tv sales representative on air.  If I'm watching I want to learn about the product for sale, not information regarding a salesperson's personal body functions. JMO

@Krimpette wrote:

And when you get your personal summer, you'll know what she means. I'm way past that, but don't mind the phrase at all. I really had no idea what she said, till I read them all. 

Respected Contributor

@fthunt : No joke, for real - for real !  Even when I went through it don’t remember ever hearing that reference.

You can probably tell - they don’t let me out often, hahahaha !