Honored Contributor

Re: Jennifer Lopez posts a pic in a white string bikini....

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

dancing does a body good......

She does have that Kim K hip thing going on.

@phoenixbrd 

JLo had a great caboose long before Kim K came along and thought she could go one better. "JLo butt" was the one to covet.

Unfortunately for Kim K, she took it to cartoonish proportions.

JLo looks great and the catty criticisms just make me shake my head.  

And P.S.  YES, dancing does a body good.  So does consistent  weight training and diet discipline (she follows a Meditteranean style diet). She may have had some plastic surgery, I don't know, but she didn't get that body from a surgeon.

@QueenDanceALot Nor from doing housework, having a 9 to 5 (or 7:30 to 5 job), hauling kids everywhere, taking care of her parents, never having time and money for a gym, doing laundry, running errands, paying bills, doing the taxes, helping with homework, getting the car worked on, trying to make ends meet, or trying to come up with something for dinner--healthy or not, just having food on the table. 

@Sooner 

O.K.  Not sure what that has to do with her looking great, but O.K.

Should she not look great because the average woman doesn't? (for whatever reason).  Her career depends on her looking great.

Honored Contributor

I think it’s more than just hard work and dieting that make her—and most celebrities— look younger than their age. Plastic surgery plays a big role as well.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

She's gorgeous, and the camera loves her!! When I hit the LOTTERY, I will be looking for a good plastic surgeon too...😁 A girl can dream.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

JL looks fabulous, men who exercise and lift weights show their bodies all the time and nobody ever says a word.I wish she didn't feel the need to exhibit herself like that though, I think it cheapens her. Women are different than men, we are mothers's and if we want to be taken seriously and thought well of, we have to stop dressing or undressing like s--ts.

Esteemed Contributor

She looks great but how much reassurance does she need?  Seems like a bottomless pit that can't be filled.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

Way too old and (hopefully) too wise to insult herself with public photographs such as this.  Where is her brain?  I don't understand it.

@Nonametoday 

I strongly disagree! So what if she's 50?! She's more physically fit than most girls half her age but it's OK for them to take a picture in a bikini and not her?! Your comment sounds very ageist

What's wrong with this picture? We bend over backwards to applaud the morbidly obese for wearing whatever they want, for embracing their body whatever it looks like, but when someone who is clearly fit does it we find fault?!

Respected Contributor

She's too old? Seriously?

Hmmm, just when is the age cut off when one should stop wearing a bikini?

Never have seen swimwear sold by age range anywhere!

I am older than her, and if I could pull off wearing a string bikini, I would.

except mine would be black not white.

What?, all women over fifty should not wear a bikini? Oh please.

If you got the body , then why not?

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

@Nbo wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Nbo wrote:

She looks great. I am happy that she is showing that at 50 a woman is still stunning and is not over the hill.  

@Nbo But I am sorry that it sends the message that women should look like this at 50, and that is what makes them valuable and special at 50. And that's it's the look and the body that women are all about.

I highly disagree with this.  If she was overweight and had cellulite  and a big belly, wearing a swimdress would you be more happy?  Would you feel like she was sending a message that that is the way a 50 year old should look?

@Lipstickdiva If she was overweight and she feels beautiful then she can do whatever she wants. She can take a selfie. I don't care if you are overweight and want to wear a bikini. As long as you feel comfortable that is what matters. We have to stop telling women how to dress. We don't decide what a person puts in their closet. Unless you are paying for it then it doesn't matter. 

@Nbo, I was responding to @Sooner .

Honored Contributor

@CAMOGIRL wrote:

She's too old? Seriously?

Hmmm, just when is the age cut off when one should stop wearing a bikini?

Never have seen swimwear sold by age range anywhere!

I am older than her, and if I could pull off wearing a string bikini, I would.

except mine would be black not white.

What?, all women over fifty should not wear a bikini? Oh please.

If you got the body , then why not?

Agree @CAMOGIRL .  I wore a bikini all throughout my forties.  If I still had the body, I'd wear one now in my 50's.  If you've got it, then go for it!

Respected Contributor

Some of these comments are so hilarious, you could take this show on the road.

Like the photo of A-Rod pulliing up her dress (which no one will be posting here 😉), let's at least be honest about what experts, whom I trust more than casual observers, call photoshopping--hers, not A-Rod's. (So much for being woke.)

In addition, she's become a festival of crazy with advancing years, going for "hot" and, in her own words, in-your-face "raunch."

What hypocrisy. But at least this should put an end to Walmart shopper, and other, critiques by the anything goes crowd. The rest of us will continue to offer ours.

What worries you masters you.