Valued Contributor

@cjm61 wrote:

I agree with @ALRATIBA . I steer away from 100% cotton. I find they fade, are rough and uncomfortable. The rayon gives a little softness, poly for color saturation and of course, gotta have a little stretch.

Last Christmas my son-in-law asked for jeans. I bought him his first pair of jeans with spandex. He loved them so much he thanked me many times and he actually didn't know why he liked them so much. I told him they had a little give due to the spandex and he said he will only buy jeans with this fabric content from now on. 

I've been trying to get my husband to try those jeans and he always refuses.  I never even thought about the color saturation.   He would appreciate that. 

I might just get him a pair and see what he thinks.  I bet he'll love them once he has worn them.

Valued Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Desert Lily wrote:

I wouldn't want to go back to wearing 100% cotton jeans just like I wouldn't want to go back to wearing a girdle. Uncomfortable.

@Desert Lily  -  Also the denim jackets from many many years ago were stiff and uncomfortable.  I like present day jeans and denim jackets.

Absolutely.   I even got rid of a couple of leather jackets for the same reason.   They fit, but still felt like a straight jacket😁

Respected Contributor

I like some span in jeans to make them more comfortable, however, all those new age "woven" w/plastic bottles, etc. etc. that I've tried are way too thick to feel good.  D&C, SG, etc. all got sent back, not to mention the horrible odor they must treat them with...Cat Surprised

All these super stretch denims look terrible worn too tight making lines like crow's feet around thighs, knees, etc.

I prefer a thinner denim on the lighter color spectrum. Cat Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Chopsmom wrote:

@cjm61 wrote:

I agree with @ALRATIBA . I steer away from 100% cotton. I find they fade, are rough and uncomfortable. The rayon gives a little softness, poly for color saturation and of course, gotta have a little stretch.

Last Christmas my son-in-law asked for jeans. I bought him his first pair of jeans with spandex. He loved them so much he thanked me many times and he actually didn't know why he liked them so much. I told him they had a little give due to the spandex and he said he will only buy jeans with this fabric content from now on. 

I've been trying to get my husband to try those jeans and he always refuses.  I never even thought about the color saturation.   He would appreciate that. 

I might just get him a pair and see what he thinks.  I bet he'll love them once he has worn them.

@Chopsmom 

I mistakenly ordered stretch Levi's for my husband and he loves them. Had me order a couple more.  JCP had a bogo so I got him 2. The man now has 3 of these jeans and I bet he'll have a hard time wearing his 100% denim. My hubby is very fit, so the 1% stretch is just for comfort.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@Chopsmom wrote:

@Chopsmom  - Buy him a pair and give them to him.  Don't say a word about the fabric content.  I agree with you that he'll probaby like them.

Respected Contributor

I love my 100% cotton jeans and will definitely hold on to them as long as I can wear them.  I also have some of the newer materials and styles and like them as well.   Just depends on my mood and what I am doing.  Considering that I don't wear skin tight jeans, the cotton work well for me and I love the look of cotton jeans.  Wearing all cotton tight jeans is just torture so that is probably a big factor for a lot of people.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

Too much stretch in them and they tend to really stretch all out as you wear them.  Too little and I think they are just not giving at all and not very comfortable.

I have not worn jeans in ages.  In fact, due to weight fluctuations I didn't even think I had a pair that would fit me or make me happy!

I recently went to Kohl's as they have a rather large selection of jeans.  Probably not the high-end ones that a lot of people want, but nevertheless, a wide variety of brands, styles, sizes and prices.

Jeans to me are such a chore to find a decent pair and I absolutely hate trying them on! The only thing worse is -- bathing suits -- which I gave up eons ago!

Any way --- I was looking at all their jeans --- just looking --- and somehow landed on Gloriva Vanderbilt.  Quite a few styles, kind of all tossed together --- but after much digging --- found a pair that I thought would work and held them up and thought --- hmmm --- might possibly do --- and they are on a super great sale price!  I never even tried them on!  What -- am I out of my mind???  So, I must have been feeling optomistic that day and I bought them.

I didn't have enough courage to try them on for about a week and finally bit the bullet!  Hey --- they fit!  Just the right length and snuggish without being tight!  They have some stretch but not overly so, a kind of medium wash, and a straight leg.  OMG -- a Christmas miracle!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Super Contributor

I don't like jeans, never have. I'll only wear jeans or pants if they don't have a zipper or button. Don't like anything fitted or tight around my waist. I've got a pair of Isaac pull on that I like. The only pair I'll wear and that is not often.