Esteemed Contributor

When my jeans have those deep sit-down creases - (which is rare) I send them directly to the laundry.  They appear dirty and have been worn way too long.  Now they are sold in the name of 'fashion'.

Respected Contributor

Re: Jeans - Today's Special

[ Edited ]

Yes, I think they are called whiskers, not a fan of them either.  Not every shade in the TSV has them. I'm just not buying because I don't care for the flare look and 29" is not petite on my body.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jeans - Today's Special

[ Edited ]

@fthunt

@luvdoodles

Yes, I heard Sharon call them "whiskers" -- and that is the name I'd heard before for quite some time.

Not sure I want "whiskers" down the front of my jeans.

Today, I turned Q on for the first time in a long time.  Figured Fashion Day might be a nice change.

Within a few minutes, I heard how skinny the jeans would make me look and -- yes, I turned off my TV.

Laurie seems a nice lady with a gentle style, but....I really get tired of the need to emphasis "skinny."

For the record, I'm thin, so I'm not jealous.  Just wish they would find some way of selling clothing without talking about the shape of one's backside, boobs or size it will make me look.

Stick with the facts, show it on a variety of models, and I'll make a decision on whether they will work for me.

Honored Contributor

It's called whiskering and they've been doing that to jeans for years now.  It's certainly not new.  It gives the jeans a casual vibe, like with the released hem and raggedy hem styles we are seeing now.  I'm ok with whiskering but I don't like raggedy hem jeans so I don't buy them.  Fortunately, there are styles and washes  for everyone.  

Respected Contributor

Yes, I am on the thin size too. Doesn't matter, I know what works on me or not. Plus I am petite and there really isn't anything out there that will make me look taller. All we can do is wear what brings out our best features. Just accept youself and flaws an all. I don't try to impress anyone anymore. My reason for being thin is cancer, not vanity.