Honored Contributor

Re: Jeans? Jeans? More jeans?

All my "jeans" are actually just denim pants.  They don't look anything like the stuff they are selling.  I don't think I've ever owned actual "jeans."  Just not a fan of that style pants.

Honored Contributor

@KitTkat wrote:

@Kachina624 I'm only 4'11 and I admit I rarely buy jeans from qvc because I need to try them on first and I don't like to send things back, but now that my local sears is gone, leaving literally no where close by to shop, I'm stuck. I, like you, live in jeans. Everywhere except to church or special occasions, I'm in jeans. So I'd like to ask you, i see you like Martha Stewart jeans and I'll take a look at them, but do you recommend some good petite jeans for me to try? I have tried d and co, but, the petites are still too long on me. Thank you!

@KitTkat  Same here...5’1” on a good day w/ longer legs and short “trunk”. I wear jeans more than slacks/capris. I found NYDJ to fit but too much $$$ to own more than a few pr. when on sale. My go to: Levi’s...newer women’s jeans that promise to have a fit for all body types...Macy’s.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@KitTkat.  I'm taller than you at 5'4" with short legs, but my trick is to often buy ankle pants in regular, not petite sizes.  They usually run about 27" which is perfect and I can cope with the longer rise.  They usually hit the top of my foot instead of ankle length.  Do you know what inseam you need?  You probably need the shorter, petite rise.  I often have to hem pants but I sew so that's not a big deal.

Our poster @Desertdi is under 5'.  She's an Arizona girl so she MUST wear jeans.  Maybe she'll weigh in on where she gets hers.

@Kachina624  I do the same. Petites are too short in the rise. Reg. ankle length even if I have to have them hemmed are more comfortable. 

Honored Contributor

@KitTkat wrote:

thank you for your quick reply @Kachina624. Ive bought ankle pants before but my problem with them is that the overall cut from the knee down isn't always a good fit, something always feels off. I like 26" inseam, 27 is a bit too long depending on the style of jean. Straight leg works best because boot cuts tend to always be longer and I hate stepping on my jeans. I guess what I really should do is learn to sew so I can hem them to fit me. 

@KitTkat  I started taking jeans to dry cleaner to hem. Much less $ than tailor.

Respected Contributor

I love my jeans.  But, on my body, I prefer narrow cuts.  This TSV is a no-go for me.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Well, they sure know how to charge for them!  Some of the prices for jeans is terrible, I think!  

Around here when I am out any where, shopping, out to eat or wherever, I see more leggings, yoga type pants, etc. than any other sort of pants.  I don't see people wearing jeans much at all any more.  

@AngelPuppy1  I’m eagerly awaiting for that trend to change.

Honored Contributor

I love my jeans especially in the fall and winter. IMO good fitting jeans that flatter are very difficult thing to find. All jeans are not the same, and once you find that perfect pair, I say stock up! I prefer a more traditional denim fabric with a bit of stretch. I have straight leg, trouser, slim leg, and barely bootcut jeans. I have spent as much as $100 on jeans, but I usually buy Levi’s at Kohl’s for $40. Levi’s have lots of different styles and washes. 

Honored Contributor

All jeans are not the same.  There are many many styles and makes because women are many shapes and heights.  What works for one, doesn't work for the other.  Most women are seeking that perfect pair.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus@GCR18@ItsME.  Just dont be duped into buying those "short" Dream Jeannes.  First of all, they are not shortvenough and I still have to take off 1-2".  Then the rise is so long I can almost bring them up to my neck.  Thought about putting a belt through the loops at the neck and calling them a turtleneck.  

I have several pairs of petites thst are too short through the rise (Diane Gilman) and will actually fall down as I walk across a room.  If they don't have belt loops, I make the thread chain type you find on dresses and wear a belt with them.  Always wear shirt out, so nothing shows.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Well, they sure know how to charge for them!  Some of the prices for jeans is terrible, I think!  

Around here when I am out any where, shopping, out to eat or wherever, I see more leggings, yoga type pants, etc. than any other sort of pants.  I don't see people wearing jeans much at all any more.  

@AngelPuppy1  I’m eagerly awaiting for that trend to change.

@Shanus

LOL!!!!  Yes, that's for sure!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin