Honored Contributor

@Secretariat1

nah. No one's getting their panties in a bunch (unless the q styled them) over this thread 'cuz it's a running theme around here!

It's overwhelmingly poor styling. You'd think with all the whining we do that something would have been done by now!

I don't think it's that difficult to put models,  AND hosts, in flattering outfits that actually fit properly! The other 2 shopping channels don't seem to have this much difficulty with it...well Gilman jeans excepted but I suspect she insists they wear them the way she does..

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

Sometimes they also have her in items too big -  it just shows that QVC sizing is all over the place!

I don't recall having ever seen her in clothing that was too big.  Plenty of times in clothing too small.  I don't think Q's clothing is more inconsistent than any other retailer's.

I was jsut looking at A235465 this morning. About 12 minutes in Lori Goldstein starts fussing wiht her top to make it a more flattering fit.

Honored Contributor

Jackie or Jacqui however you spell that name is my fav.

I'll never forget her coming out in Isaac's denim jacket way, way to small.

she had creases up and down her arm , no way could she pull it anyway close around the bust, and way to short. Just a nightmare.

Isaac, asked her "what size are U wearing darling"? she said 14 his face registered maybe you should go back and get an 18. How he keeps his mouth shut is anybodys guess.

She's more the average woman. I'm 5'5 and a L in most clothes 'cept for Isaac's and go up to XL in his stuff because he doesn't allow for a ample bust. She should know to size up in some lines on the Q

Honored Contributor

Re: Jackie modeling clothes

[ Edited ]

When I see Jackie stuffed into something, I can't tell if the item is proportioned right.  

I think she looks best in Halston because of the clean lines.

Honored Contributor

She is so pretty and has a beautiful smile. Like I say she is my favorite.

Just needs a little advice and she would be smashing.

Valued Contributor

It seems silly to put models whatever their size in the wrong size clothing.  It's not about their vanity, but about the customer who can't try on getting an idea of how it looks and fits.  And too tight clothing makes everyone look fat, no matter their size.

Nothing to do if the clothing is unflattering in the correct size.  If it looks bad on the model, pretty sure it will look worse on me.

Honored Contributor

I think Maria is pretty well true to size probably could go up one more, but, when Carolyn says "maria, is wearing the same size as me, a size L" Maria, will shake her head no and say no I'm XL.  She's more mature and a Grandma and doesn't have any hang ups.

I applaud her. She wouldn't be happy eating like a size 2 nor would I

LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Jackie has a difficult body to style.  She does not have womanly curves, but rather is very rectangular.  If a body is slim and rectangular it is easy to style--think long and lean.  Unfortunately, a larger body has more styling challenges.  In order for a garment to fit in circumference, the shoulders become too big, the sleeves become too long, thereby making the garment look sloppy.  I believe this is why stylists choose garments that err on the side of being too small.  

Clearly some models and hosts need to have ready to wear items altered for a good fit.  

Honored Contributor

Not sure what being a size 2-4 has to do with it being a turn off or not. No one looks good in ill fitting clothes regardless of size. It does seem like QVC doesn't pay attention to how the items fit the models and the hosts aren't any better. 

Incidentally, I'm a size 2-4 but my opinion isn't based on that nor do I think it is good to be this size necessarily. 

Honored Contributor

I don't really think QVC has any true plus size. They aren't any around.  In the fashion world, plus size is 12-14.   They did have one, Tess Holiday who is close to (or over) 300 lbs with a skinny face. But she was a one off joke (from Mississippi yet) and has not been getting any offers or in print lately.