Honored Contributor

Re: Jacket Lisa is wearing tonight, Friday

On 6/28/2014 terrier3 said:
On 6/28/2014 annabellethecat said:

Yes, I know she makes really, really good money, but she spends a lot of money on other things (travel, etc).

My guess is that she is given a clothing allowance (to purchase clothes) and then figure out how to copy it.

Joan Rivers always copies the designers. She comes right out and says it.

On air talent can write off certain clothing purchases on their taxes.

My ex was an NHL TV analyst and could write off his Max Factor pancake makeup!

not true as far as on-air talent.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

I can write off my work clothes because they are scrubs. No way I'm wearing them on my days off! Lol!
Honored Contributor

On 6/28/2014 FUTURE said: I can write off my work clothes because they are scrubs. No way I'm wearing them on my days off! Lol!

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}Wink

If salespeople could write off clothing, we'd ALL be writing off our clothing.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}Wink NOT!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

If work clothes were a tax write-off, everyone would be writing it off, not just salespeople. Heck, I'd be writing off my dresses and skirts I am required to wear for work. LOL

I never read Kathy Levine's book but several have said that Kathy wrote in her book that the hosts get XX amount of dollars per year towards clothing. I have no idea if that is still the case or not.

As someone else said, I wonder if Lisa gets money to buy clothes she plans on knocking off for her GILI line?

Honored Contributor

I could see Lisa getting a clothing allowance, especially if they are considering doing a GILI knock off.

All I know is the buzz on the boards and on FB is off the charts about Lisa since she started wearing these super expensive clothes - which might have the plan all along. As long as Lisa stays relevant, she is worth more to QVC.

Contributor

On 6/28/2014 waterbaby said: I loved it too! She always looks great. I am hoping that it is something she is brining in GILI. She said on her QVC Plus show that they are going to offer less "sporty" clothes. Meanwhile, it is available in black in P, M, L at www.millyny.com for a mere $795. It is Italian, of course! Maybe she got in when she was in ItalySmiley Happy
As stated in my previous post, I paid less than half the price recently, for this exact jacket! It's on sale at Bloomingdale's and Saks.