Respected Contributor

Re: JUst once I would like to hear a designer or host tell the truth

@Nonametoday I agree, they have to say everything fits every body type. Another example of shading the truth.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

"THis flatters all figure types."

If this statement is constantly made, you would think they would prove it by showing the item on different figure type models.

@Mz iMac

One way you can tell if it isn't flattering is if they ONLY have the XXS models out there.....the Large and XL models suddenly disappear....it's like a magicians act! 

index.jpg

I wear a medium and I haven't seen a model on the Q that wears that size....

There are many models who don't wear XXS. For example, models Kerri, Kathleen, and Toni all wear size medium. There is also a size medium petite model who is sometimes on (less frequently, though, and she is newer, so I can't remember her name).

@jonbon

Yes, I am familiar with the many models that wear various sizes on the shows....What I am saying (perhaps not too well) is that during the show, for certain garments that are presented on air, they only have the XXS model a particular clothing item (to me that means the stylist felt that specific item only looks good on the skinny models)......then in the same show more clothing is presented and they bring back the variety of models in different sizes, for example Maria wearing XL, and Colleen wearing XXS with an item, but why are only XXS models wearing some of the pieces...thats what Im getting at---read flag for me that the garment only looks good on women with XXS body type and thats why only those models presented certain pieces!!

I was responding to the last line of the post, which said, "I wear a medium and I haven't seen a model on the Q that wears that size...." More generally, I frequently see comments stating that "all of the models are size XXS," etc. In fact, I think there's a pretty good variety of sizes represented (except for the very largest sizes), especially within the shows for certain lines.

@jonbon

Well thanks for telling me that somewhere in Q Land there is actually a medium sized model because I've never seen her........Of course I only watch AM Style,  or Louis, and occasionally D&C....when I work from home, I may occasionally peek in on the daytime fashion shows.......I gave up on Monday Nights and Fashion Night In....I don't care for the hosts......

@Spurt -- I'm surprised that you've never seen Kerri or the blonde Maria someplace wearing a medium, since they are long-time Q models who are on many different types of shows. Toni is mostly on D&Co, and Kathleen is not on terribly often. As I mentioned, I can't remember the name of the petite medium model, but it is such a pleasure to see her on occasionally -- most of the petite models are, indeed, size XXS.

Edited to add: The petite medium model is Taleah (saw her in a taped D&Co show I zipped through), and there was also a size medium model on Isaac's show yesterday named Bonnie.

@jonbon

I have seen blonde Maria on occasions but the only fashion shows I watch anymore are AM STYLE (not much on the other channels at that hour on Saturday morning) I also watch a Linea show once in a while....Ive given up on Q's Monday fashion shows ..Woman Frustrated......

I thought Kerri wore a large.....and I think Taleah has appeared on AM STYLE on Saturdays but what irritates me about her she always puts her hands in front of her stomach so its hard to judge the fit of the garment around the middle and waist area with her....I even sent Leah a note on her FB Page about that.......  And for those that think you can just check the measurements online on CLICK HERE...let me tell you, I learned from experience and too many returns--- these measurements are not always accurate on the clothing I received and could check the measurements myself!  But I solved the problem---I stopped buying QVC clothing, I now prefer local clothing shopping where I do find the sizing consistent and better quality .........its a rare occasion lately that I buy any clothes from QVC now--- I got tired of all the returns...........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

honestly, isn't that decision up to the indivdual to make.  since when is it up to the designer to decree?

good grief, are we blaming designers now for our poor and possibly stupid decisions on our purchases?

i feel like i'm losing my mind here.  get a grip please!

Honored Contributor

@Barb114 wrote:

In the He I mean Louis D

I agree about Louis.  Also,   Jill Bauer is good about saying "if you don't like, "xxx", this is not for you.  She does that with clothing, make-up, etc.    She also asks the vendors good questions so that we get all the appropriate information.