Honored Contributor

Re: JOAN RIVERS TSV PRE-SALE?

@muttmom wrote:

I like plaid but this is a miss for me.  It looks like a mullet with far too much partying in the back.

In no way would the plaids be mistaken for Burberry.

Love your discription, it's perfect. I like plaid too, even like the pockets. That tail in the back is just so not good.

Honored Contributor

There's a tail on the blouse on air right now, another mullet. $60.00. Whoever is designing this line now, I assume one of the big conglomerates like Isaac's-it's same old same old and cover all your figure "flaws". Not the tailored clothing they had before.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

A293988. It has roll tab sleeves too. I didn't think it looked good even on Jennifer Coffey, she has a great figure. Empire waist right under the bust.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Super Contributor

@buddylou I'm not one for ironing either. Before I got married I told my (former) husband that I had been traumatized by an ironing accident and therefore would not iron. He was former military though and actually enjoyed ironing.

We would have been a perfect match if it had not been for his "other" wardrobe malfunctions Smiley LOL

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Valued Contributor

I do shop at Walmart and occasionally find a few clothing items that suit me fine for their intended purpose. They always last for as long as I want them, except the leggings only look decent for about a half to one year. 

That said, I do find a difference in this Joan Rivers TSV vs. my Walmart finds.  This shirt is made of a REALLY nice fabric and the finishings are all well done.  I love the pockets.  On me, the back doesn't look as duck tail as it does on TV, although I do wish QVC would stop with the longer backs, or if they are longer, it should be only an inch or two at most.

I like this shirt and am happily keeping it.  I wrote a longer review in the TSV forum.

Honored Contributor

While NO style works on everyone, this style has versatility ....  it can be worn as a shirt, or layered and as a shirt jacket, with either a tank or turtleneck underneath, as the weather cools.    They go with jeans, so that's a big plus for many women.    

If you don't like it, don't buy it.   I think it's a much better deal than some of the Logo pieces I've seen here.  JMO

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@hopi wrote:

Done with David as he lives in the lap of luxury - Honestly good for him. As he oversees production of her name he cannot print out a card with the 12 box of Joan Rivers mini Christmas ornaments.  Not that I had any interest in purchasing them but when Joan sold the she sent out the romance card and on  CIJ poor David Veneable made the mistake of saying you get a card with the history of each ornament.

David Dangle interrupted immediately and said oh go to Joan Rivers site and you can print it out - make sure you do it in color so it's nice.

Seriously.

Playing off of Joan's popularity awful.

@hopi

???    What a strange comment ....  just how do you know how David lives?    Did he talk about his life and show pictures on one of the presentations?

David helped Joan run her business empire for many years, and I'm sure he was well compensated.  So what?  If he wasn't as invaluable as Joan said, she would have found someone else!

As for current JR items ....  my guess is that Melissa still has some sort of final approval.  I really doubt David has carte blanche to do anything he wants with Joan's line!

@Tinkrbl44

What a strange response from you. 

Yes, David  has many blogs and pictures on his lifestyle and many of them are on Q.

As my post says God Bless and very happy for him but when you sell Walmart ornamets for $40 plus shipping  print out your customers a romance card the way Joan would have.

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

As my post says God Bless and very happy for him but when you sell Walmart ornamets for $40 plus shipping  print out your customers a romance card the way Joan would have.

@hopi-  See my response to you about this (post # 15).  I am assuming you haven't bought any of the actual ornaments over the years.  Joan did not print out romance cards with the ornaments.  All that was included was the standard small, black romance card.

And, no, they're not "Walmart ornaments".  Not sure where you got that idea.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'm used to hearing numbers over 100,000 when it comes to clothing tsvs. At 10:30 it was only 40,000 for this one. Is this common for Joan's tsvs?

Perhaps this and the low turn out for Lisa rinna's tsv is the incentive the Q needs to mix it up a little bit?

Honored Contributor

I don't think the norm is over 100,000 of a clothing TSV being sold.