Esteemed Contributor

JC Penney is trying to remain relevant in the retail wars.  I can't say I blame them.  They are an American staple.

Michael Strahan has or will have a line of men's wear that will be sold exclusively at JC Penney.  It's the first I've heard of it (I saw a commercial this morning).

I hope this endeavor will bring in revenue for Michael and especially JC Penney.  I really would not like to see JC Penney go out of business.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

JCP is in desperate straits if their stock price is any indication.  It's up today, but even with that is still under $5. a share.  A friend of mine retired from the company about 20 years ago and kept some of the stock she had accumulated -  that stock was worth about $62. a share then.  For the sake of all, workers and consumers, I cheer for their revival.

Valued Contributor

I love shopping at JCP. I get a lot of staple pieces there, and they always offer great sales.

Honored Contributor

I got some good deals at their friends and family sale that ran the last three days.  It's sad they're often overlooked as a place to find some pretty, stylish options. Their A.N.A. line is my favorite and I love their Ambrielle bras. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm pleased that there is still a JC Penney in my area.  I do shop there from time to time.  Looks like this deal Michael struck with JC Penney has been for a while (after more research).  I'd never heard of it until today.

JC Penney is still an anchor store in the mall in my area.

*Call Tyrone*
Occasional Contributor

I have always liked Penneys, until recently.  The last 3 things I purchased of a certain brand fell apart after only being washed a couple of times.  I always thought their quality was good, but I have experienced that some of it is going down hill.  It's disappointing.

Esteemed Contributor

JC Penneys is an anchor store for 3 of the malls around me.  We also have one right in the small town that I live in up north.  I would hate to see any of them close.  I shopped there this last weekend and really scored.  There were many sales (there usually are) and when I got up to the check out it was 30% off the total because I used my Penney's charge card.  It was a good thing I didn't know that until I was done or I would have purchased a lot more!  LOL  I ended up with 2 pair of jeans and 4 tops and the total was just over $80.  With S & H at the Q, I would be lucky to get 2 tops.........they would have to be AS IS or Last Clicks.  The denim crops on the Q are running around 50 dollars with out adding in shipping for each pair.  I prefer B & M stores and pray they don't close the ones near me.

I love JC Penneys.  I can usually find what I need and at their prices, I don't feel committed to wear them forever.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

I have a JCP Mastercard.  For every $1,000 you spend (anywhere) on it, you get a $10 coupon with your bill that is only good at the JCP B&M or online stores.  Since I use that card for everything the dollars add up.  I've made trips to JCP with several coupons and gotten some incredible deals.

Laura loves cats!
Valued Contributor

I remember as a kid pouring over their catalogs to shop.  My kids waited for the Christmas catalog to mark all the toys they wanted.  I have loved Penny's except when they hired a guy to creat a new image.  During that time it looked like they were going out of business because of lack of merchandise locally. I think they brought the original guy back, or someone who made it look like Penny's again. Where would my hubs get his shirts and underwear????

Honored Contributor

Penney's is never a store I ever think about going into for clothing and I'm not really sure why.  On the off chance I do go in there, I always find several things I like.  Most recently I bought a pair of jeans on clearance for $11.00.

The mall nearest to me isn't one I go to ever.  However, at one time it was the only mall around that had 4 anchor stores.  Penneys, Dillards, Macys and Sears.  Dillards left years and years ago, Macy's left a few years back and it was just announced that the Sears is closing as well.  I'm sure the entire mall will be closing shortly but I have no idea how that Penneys has made it this long.