Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 42,929
Registered: ‎01-08-2011

I went to J Jill today to return an order, and the entire collection was dark!  

 

The collection had a lot of dark teal which is a fall color.

There were a few muted colors around but nothing that was "uplifting".

 

When is the last time you went, /OR are you finding pretty spring collections yet?

Honored Contributor
Posts: 32,802
Registered: ‎05-17-2010

Re: J Jill-Where's Spring???

[ Edited ]

 


@ECBG wrote:

I went to J Jill today to return an order, and the entire collection was dark!  

 

The collection had a lot of dark teal which is a fall color.

There were a few muted colors around but nothing that was "uplifting".

 

When is the last time you went, /OR are you finding pretty spring collections yet?


@ECBG   I was in the mall this week and was more than disappointed. One of my favorite stores is showing all nudes and flesh tones and khaki. What's up with that? I'm all for neutrals, but other offerings?

 

Was this J Jill's spring collection or maybe they haven't been able to receive it yet. 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,376
Registered: ‎01-14-2017

Re: J Jill-Where's Spring???

 

@ECBG I would think you can take a look at their website and see their offerings.  They are using the word "garden," but not spring, so I suppose it's possible they are waiting for shipments of their spring merchandise.  

 

I don't get their emails, but I would think that would tell you whether this is what they are marketing for spring.  

 

I see a lot of blues and greens, sprinkling of rose and neutrals, floral pattterns.  The garments are short sleeves, tanks, and 3/4 sleeves with some long sleeves.

 

So I guess it depens on what you like.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 42,929
Registered: ‎01-08-2011

Re: J Jill-Where's Spring???


@Shanus wrote:

 


@ECBG wrote:

I went to J Jill today to return an order, and the entire collection was dark!  

 

The collection had a lot of dark teal which is a fall color.

There were a few muted colors around but nothing that was "uplifting".

 

When is the last time you went, /OR are you finding pretty spring collections yet?


@ECBG   I was in the mall this week and was more than disappointed. One of my favorite stores is showing all nudes and flesh tones and khaki. What's up with that? I'm all for neutrals, but other offerings?

 

Was this J Jill's spring collection or maybe they haven't been able to receive it yet. 


@Shanus 

 

Neutrals themselves are one of the big trends this season.  Personally, I think most ladies will pick up some basics and follow color.  No one wants to be seen as "beige".  How (cough) exciting!!!

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,896
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: J Jill-Where's Spring???

I have been in some stores, including j.jill-  just looking (as usual) at the spring clothes. 

I have not looked at a single price tag as the "fashions" are no better than what I have been living in all year. Uninspired styles, drab colors.

 

It's still literally freezing here, so not even tempted to inventory what's in my closet, let alone purchase new. By the time it's warm enough for lighter weight clothes I should be down at least one size anyway. Covid weight, be gone!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,700
Registered: ‎11-16-2014

Re: J Jill-Where's Spring???

When I am out and about where I live in a New York suburb, everyone wears neutrals, beiges and mostly black. No matter the season, that is what I see. When I go into the city, everyone has always stuck to neutrals and beige/ivory is quite popular. As far as color, I will never forget the time I went into New York with a pink suit on back in the 90's. I felt so out of place, as everyone wears black, navy or beige.

 

I have a fondness for dark teal and it is everywhere for the Spring. Take a walk through Bloomingdales or Saks and you will see what I mean...

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,896
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: J Jill-Where's Spring???

Where I live in the northeast US, spring is maybe two weeks long most years- if we're lucky- then right on into the hot & humid. Not worth having a spring wardrobe, except maybe for new sneakers.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 24,685
Registered: ‎07-21-2011

Re: J Jill-Where's Spring???

@ECBG   I believe online they are bringing in more spring.  Three JJill stores around my area have closed.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor
Posts: 32,802
Registered: ‎05-17-2010

Re: J Jill-Where's Spring???


@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

 


@ECBG wrote:

I went to J Jill today to return an order, and the entire collection was dark!  

 

The collection had a lot of dark teal which is a fall color.

There were a few muted colors around but nothing that was "uplifting".

 

When is the last time you went, /OR are you finding pretty spring collections yet?


@ECBG   I was in the mall this week and was more than disappointed. One of my favorite stores is showing all nudes and flesh tones and khaki. What's up with that? I'm all for neutrals, but other offerings?

 

Was this J Jill's spring collection or maybe they haven't been able to receive it yet. 


@Shanus 

 

Neutrals themselves are one of the big trends this season.  Personally, I think most ladies will pick up some basics and follow color.  No one wants to be seen as "beige".  How (cough) exciting!!!


@ECBG  Uh cough (gag) here , too. I may as well wear white and call it a day. They did have a shade light enough for me, but I'm way passed the tight bodysuit and tank top stage. Off white jackets that remind me of a safari look? If stores want to sell and stay in business (those that are left), they better get on the stick with some attractive merchandise, right?  

Honored Contributor
Posts: 42,929
Registered: ‎01-08-2011

Re: J Jill-Where's Spring???

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

 


@ECBG wrote:

I went to J Jill today to return an order, and the entire collection was dark!  

 

The collection had a lot of dark teal which is a fall color.

There were a few muted colors around but nothing that was "uplifting".

 

When is the last time you went, /OR are you finding pretty spring collections yet?


@ECBG   I was in the mall this week and was more than disappointed. One of my favorite stores is showing all nudes and flesh tones and khaki. What's up with that? I'm all for neutrals, but other offerings?

 

Was this J Jill's spring collection or maybe they haven't been able to receive it yet. 


@Shanus 

 

Neutrals themselves are one of the big trends this season.  Personally, I think most ladies will pick up some basics and follow color.  No one wants to be seen as "beige".  How (cough) exciting!!!


@ECBG  Uh cough (gag) here , too. I may as well wear white and call it a day. They did have a shade light enough for me, but I'm way passed the tight bodysuit and tank top stage. Off white jackets that remind me of a safari look? If stores want to sell and stay in business (those that are left), they better get on the stick with some attractive merchandise, right?  


@Shanus 

 

Isn't that the truth! 

 

I hope you have sun.  We do right now, in an hour, we'll see.........Smiley Happy