Super Contributor

Re: Isaac Mizrahi TSV Lace Pants

When Isaac gets fixated on something, prints, lace, because he loves it he assumes everyone has to love it.....he tends to overdo it. Most of us every day women would have absolutely no use for lace pants except maybe for a special occasion but for me, not under any circumstances....he's a great designer but a little out of touch imo.

Honored Contributor

I do not care for them at all

Valued Contributor

I have a lot of Isaac's lace: tops and dresses. They are very soft (no scratchy lace) and lined, too. I wear them casually and more dressy. My daughter also wears them to work as well as dressier occasions. She has the lace duster, too,which is beautiful. I think lace is ladylike and feminine.

However, I think the TSV pants would overwhelm my 5'3" self. Much as i like them, and the price, I have to pass.

Honored Contributor

Those lace pants are not for me. They would not fit into my lifestyle at all. 

Regular Contributor

I have been wanting to say this for weeks now, so I will just say it.

What the heck is with these stylists that send the models out to model the clothes?

Honestly, they must all have been trained by Lori Goldstein.

Layers and layers, prints mixing with other prints, atrocious color combos. Omg.

I do not like the Isaac Tsv..at all. And then the model who had to wear lace head to toe..overkill. And then they make them wear a cotton flowered scarf around the neck...come on..that looked awful!
Sometimes Shawn gets carried away trying to do combos that she thinks are innovative and chic. They are not, most of the time. Even Isaac stepped in a few times to tell her NO..don't go there..doesn't look good. Well, he was more diplomatic...but we got the idea. LOL.

And putting the chunky looking sneaker with those lace pants? Come on..that poor model looked like an idiot. And the t shirt she had on with the lace pants looked absurd too.

Now I am not a young lady in my 20's, so maybe I really don't know "style" at all....

But I can only talk about how "I" see it...and it sure doesn't look good.

Esteemed Contributor

I actually don’t mind the TSV; I just have no use for them and they wouldn’t fit into my life.
Respected Contributor

Industrial elastic waist = deal killer.  oh and the %100 poly lining

Esteemed Contributor

That's a no for me.  I don't mind a little lace as a trim on a top, but that's the extent of wearing lace for me.  I don't think the shape of these pants is flattering at all.

Super Contributor

Couldn't agree more....last night they had Lesandra modeling a skimpy Denim & Co one piece bathing suit.....very revealing for someone that overweight.....I felt so embarrassed for her. I don't know who's making the styling decisions over there but they are ridiculously out of touch.

Super Contributor

FYI I found the duster today, item A376618 (it’s a kimono), so disregard my prior post! All the best, LadyAlice