Super Contributor

Re: Is this Bob Mackie's anatomy lesson?

KittymomNC, that is funny. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

It's a mess of a print anyway no matter what you see in it. Some of these vendors lately are getting ridiculous with what they call beautiful prints.

Esteemed Contributor

Another Bob Mackie - I just don't know where these designers are going with this...{#emotions_dlg.confused1} They draw attention to the wrong places!{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Bob Mackies Ikat Print Blouse with Jeweled Neckline

Another Susan Graver - not quite as bad, but not good either...

Honored Contributor

I have a One World shirt that looks like hands are cupping my b**bs. I love it though!

Frequent Contributor

I do not see ultrasounds, faces with noses, etc. on these printed tops. They are pretty tops and to insult the designer is very low. There are ways of saying what you don't like. It is right down cruel to say the things you do hiding your true identity. These designers read these boards and you know in your heart you would never go and say these things to their faces.

Honored Contributor

I guess it just depends on where your mind is when you look at it. I have two of them and never thought a thing of it. It's a beautiful top.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

On 7/11/2014 MarLoCat said:

This is the same shirt in a different color...Probably the way the fabric was cut, I don't think BM would intentionally design it that way? Then again he did design for Cher{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Bob Mackies 3/4 Sleeve Ikat Print Top with Side Darts

I don't find it the least bit amusing. I think kittymom needs to get her mind out of the gutter. I get compliments on this top every time I wear it.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

On 7/11/2014 luv my Golden said:

I do not see ultrasounds, faces with noses, etc. on these printed tops. They are pretty tops and to insult the designer is very low. There are ways of saying what you don't like. It is right down cruel to say the things you do hiding your true identity. These designers read these boards and you know in your heart you would never go and say these things to their faces.

The comments that have been made on this thread are so mild compared to others that have bashed designers big time, it hardly bears comment.

The only reason I'm responding to you and kachina is to say first, that you are wrong and second, that, yes, if I had the chance to talk to Bob Mackie and other designers in person, I would ask them if they realize how some of these prints show up on the TV screen and in pictures. Maybe they don't look quite the same in person, but people who are buying from QVC don't have the luxury of seeing them in person, they have to go on what they see on the TV screen and pictures on a computer. I said above that it partially depends on where the print falls (and if I ordered one and the print fell where it does in the picture I posted, it would go right back to QVC), but on other it is a placement print and it is put where it is intended to be.

And I don't think anyone's mind has to be in the gutter when considering a woman's anatomy...that's not where mine was, where was yours??? I know where kachina's goes on a lot of threads...{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

Valued Contributor

On 7/11/2014 Kathleen said:
On 7/11/2014 kittymomNC said:

Here's one from Susan Graver - looks like a face with the nose over the belly button!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

A229768

And a pacifier in the mouth!

I see that, too.
Honored Contributor

Do you think they get their inspiration from Rorschach?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

I call it print vomit! Too much of a good thing. Not!