Honored Contributor

Re: Is there a particular name or brand of clothing that you gravitate to or always buy?

@RollTide2008 

Winter before last I went "Calvin Klein crazy!" I purchased joggers in just about every color they offered: dusty rose; cocoa; black; gray. These have stood the test of time. They have "shape" instead of being like sweatpants. And for some reason these had a shorter inseam measurement.

I also purchased tops to match mostly in waffle knit, but I wasn't very pleased with this fabric. It was stiff and aggravated my skin.

A few days ago I tried on a hoodie made out of CK waffle knit and it couldn't have been less structured! On me, it looked like pj's!

@RollTide2008 @AngelPuppy1 @Mombo1 @MezzieStarr @Zhills 

A go-to brand for me now is DKNY. Splurged and purchased a 100% cotton black crew tee and it is heaven to wear. Just heaven!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: Is there a particular name or brand of clothing that you gravitate to or always buy?

It's more a matter of style and color rather than brand.  

As long as it's my style and color - I don't care much who made it.

Honored Contributor

Not really.  I like several of Macy's brands, Nina Leonard on HSN, OSO casual on ShopHQ and Blair clothing.  Those are the lines I go to most often.

Honored Contributor

For jeans, it's Rag & Bone. Right now they're having a great sale.  25% off everything.  The jeans are American made, well made and tailored looking.  

Majority of my clothes are mall stores, Banana Republic, Ann Taylor, Marshalls & some TJ Max.  QVC style is not my style.  I need pants with zippers, and shorter tops.  Recently i've gotten into Lululemon.  The only clothes I ever bought from QVC was Candace and she's gone from there.  I know she is at Walmart.  But I despise Walmart and never go in there.  The store near me is filthy dirty.  I'm hoping her stuff is online. 

Esteemed Contributor

I've never bought any clothing from QVC. It's just to iffy and costs a fortune to return. I buy mostly from Duluth Trading Company (love there noga pants), Kohls, LL Bean, Lands End and Costco. I'm retired and don't do fancy or dress up. In fact if I had to dress up for an event I would be in trouble because I have absolutely nothing. Shorts and tees most of the year and pants and tees in the winter. 

Honored Contributor

My favorite was always Jones New York. Now I just buy whatever I see and like. Being retired I don't need much.

Frequent Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

I live in Isaac tops and Denim & CO or Sports Savvy French terry bottoms!

Comfortable and stylish for aging ladies!

I toatally agree.  That's all I purchase from QVC.

Respected Contributor

I like talbots...only on sale 

Honored Contributor

I USED to gravitate to Anne Klein.    However, the two fashion malls that were near me, have been torn down.     

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's funny you say this because I just bought 2 new pairs of jeans from TJ Maxx and they were both "Lucky". The original price was $99.99 marked to $39.99.

They are probably some of the best fitting/comfortable jeans I've ever had, without having that "comfortable" jeans look.  I mean they look good. 

Then yesterday when I was going through my old jeans I noticed that I had 2 others both "Lucky" that were in my favorites stack, also bought from TJ Maxx.

So I too have recently come to the realization that I love Lucky jeans.

Oh, also edited to add I've always had luck with Macy's INC brand as well.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz