Regular Contributor

Is There a Solution?

[ Edited ]

My grown daughter bought a Cuddldudds lounge outfit and I suspect she didn't read the laundy instructions. She wore the outfit when she was home for the holidays and bits of fleece flew everywhere. The bed where she slept was loaded with shreds.

Has anyone found a way to stop the shedding or is the outfit garbage now? I wouldn't want her to wear it here again and I'm sure she wouldn't want this all through her home either. 

If this is the result of drying in dryer or using dryer sheets, one would think a large warning tag should be attached to the garment not just noting it on the description and garment tag. I confess that I sometimes don't read these tags if I've had experience in laundering such items in the past.

Respected Contributor

I bought my daughter a set for Christmas and she loves them and has had no peeling or fuzz problems at all with hers. I ordered her another set for Valentines Day. I wonder if you just got a bad set or something or if she just got lucky with hers.

Regular Contributor

I thought I heard that you should dry on delicate and not add fabric softner. Although she doesn't recall doing it she does use dryer sheets regularly so I would guess she did one or the other without realizing this isn't pemitted with the fabric. I have no other explanation. I also have the same set but have not worn or laundered it yet so don't know how it will do. Just know hers is basically ruined.

Esteemed Contributor

I suggest that if the item was purchased between 9/23/17 and 12/23/17 that you return it for a refund. You can always re-order if you want to try again.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't have an answer to your question - but THANK YOU for using a font size that's easy to read.  White background screen and these tiny tiny postings is a headache - - at best.

Thank you again!

Respected Contributor

I gave up not using fabric softener in my fleece sheets, clothes etc. The static electricity in the winter time in my house is so bad especially in the dryer that I started using fabric softener years ago and I honestly can tell no difference whatsoever except I don’t have static.

In fact the more I thought about it, doesn’t detergent and warm water remove any past softener along with dirt and oil’s or at least most of it? I have fleece sheets at least five years old that get fabric softener every time I wash them.

Honored Contributor

I love the former tsv cuddl duds pjs, bought 2 pair. I wash them properly, no dryer but yes pilling. my ivory sheets side of the bed isn't clean anymore.

Respected Contributor

They might just be defective. I bought 2 pair of the PJ's when they were a TSV not too long ago, and love them! They've been washed in cold water, dried on low heat with a dryer sheet multiple times, and I've had no shedding or pilling.

Esteemed Contributor

My daughter has a pair and she gets all kind of fuzz on her dark sofa...

Regular Contributor

wrote:

I don't have an answer to your question - but THANK YOU for using a font size that's easy to read.  White background screen and these tiny tiny postings is a headache - - at best.

Thank you again!

Made me laugh!! I'm with you.

BTW. Did check to see when they were purchased. It was July so they can't be returned. Now I would ask where's the V in QVC??