Contributor

Is Sloppy the New Style?

[ Edited ]

Is it just me, or are others finding the new season's clothes sloppier?  All the big names on QVC seem to be going for the sloppy-is-in look.  What I mean by sloppy is over-sized and baggy.  Just saw a top on QVC that looks like a maternity top.  Cute if you're pregnant, but otherwise...not so much.  Not suggesting clothes should be skin-tight.  Just not liking the baggy look. The sloppy look. The short-in-front-long-in-back shirts.  Like long-in-back is really hiding anything.  Do clothes have to be big to be comfortable?  I don't really think so.

Honored Contributor

Re: Is Sloppy the New Style?

I haven't noticed.......are they covered with food and beverage stains?

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

Guess we need a definition of sloppy?

Trusted Contributor

I assume she means the way the clothes are fitting and I agree.  

Contributor

Exactly.  Sloppy fit.  And for the purpose of this thread, I'm talking about the designers on QVC.

Respected Contributor

Hmmmmm......

A bit over sized?

Soft drapey cardigans over everything?

Joggers?

Long Tee Shirts?

Leggings?

Loose Fitting cotton blends?

To my mind this is merely a show of comfort (kind of the times we live in) ... it may appear sloppy if thrown together that way, but if worn nicely and with coordination, I think it's not sloppy or such...but rather a reflection of softness.  Much needed softness.

I wish I had more need for all dressed up - but I don't, sadly.  (and I don't really have many options of where to go if I did).

Honored Contributor

@Traindreamer wrote:

Is it just me, or are others finding the new season's clothes sloppier?  All the big names on QVC seem to be going for the sloppy-is-in look.  

It's not you @Traindreamer . I just got back from my second Covid shot at CVS. I saw men in shorts with sandals worn with socks with dirty t shirts. It is 42 degrees out. Women seem to love wearing their pajama bottoms. Oversized clothing seems to have replaced nice jeans with a pretty blouse or sweater. 

It is what it is. I doubt it is going to change anytime soon, though.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't like tight fitting clothes so if the clothes they are showing are baggy they certainly would not be worn by a majority of pregnant women because those always seem to be super tight to flaunt their bump. As long as clothes are clean I don't care. It's going to be almost 100 degrees  here this weekend. Shorts and baggy will be in until late October. Can't imagine wearing anything stifling.

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

I don't like tight fitting clothes so if the clothes they are showing are baggy they certainly would not be worn by a majority of pregnant women because those always seem to be super tight to flaunt their bump. As long as clothes are clean I don't care. It's going to be almost 100 degrees  here this weekend. Shorts and baggy will be in until late October. Can't imagine wearing anything stifling.

@Meowingkitty    Amen to that!!!    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Seems like it's one extreme or the other. There's a local news anchor who wears her clothes so tight that I almost wonder how she breathes. Even if the garment is sleeveless, the arm holes are even tight.  And she's not the only TV person that dresses similarly.  I like to think my style falls somewhere in between the too tight and the sloppy.  But that's probably "dated" thinking!