Trusted Contributor

Re: Iman TS another skinny jean!

I love Iman. I really do. But I HATE SKINNY JEANS. Not just hers, every skinny jean and close-fitting jean or jegging. They look awful on most people. (If you love them, I'm sure they look great on you.) They look bad on even the models. Unless you have perfect legs, why would you want an item of clothing that clings to your legs and shows every lump and bump? I had heard these were going out of fashion. 

Years ago Iman made a trouser pant/jean that fit loosely and did not cling to legs or reveal leg shape. I loved those. 

Sorry for the rant. I was hoping she would be offering something amazing for her TSV. Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

they only get certain size samples in for the models which are usually too tight. I for one would never wear any jean that tight and I wouldn't pay 50 for jeans when you can find them on sale everywhere. 

Respected Contributor

they only get certain size samples in for the models which are usually too tight. I would never wear any jean that tight and I wouldn't pay 50 for jeans when you can find them on sale everywhere. 

Respected Contributor

HSN seems to show most fashions with on-air samples that look much better than what you actually receive.  aside from PJs the last items i purchased were a G faux leather blazer and leggings that were a disaster!  i think that was 3 yrs ago.

they do this with jewelry too.  i stopped buying jewelry from them, i had to send 98% back.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

It's a new fit/material. Platinum Premium Stretch.  Suzanne said she went up a size because she felt more comfortable.  At least she didn't try to squeeze into a smaller size.  They looked nice on her.  I purchased a pair and went with size 2.  Last time I purchased a pair of her jeans in a size 4 they seemed too loose and baggy even those were a skinny.  So I went down to a 2.  Most of the larger models and some of the hosts are wearing too small and stuffed and it's an awful look.  I don't know why they can't see how they are pulling so tight there are folds which just accentuates their bulges. 

@rms1954  The "sausage" look is how they roll at HSN.  I don't know how they get some of those girls to come out of the dressing room.  They look awful.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

It's a new fit/material. Platinum Premium Stretch.  Suzanne said she went up a size because she felt more comfortable.  At least she didn't try to squeeze into a smaller size.  They looked nice on her.  I purchased a pair and went with size 2.  Last time I purchased a pair of her jeans in a size 4 they seemed too loose and baggy even those were a skinny.  So I went down to a 2.  Most of the larger models and some of the hosts are wearing too small and stuffed and it's an awful look.  I don't know why they can't see how they are pulling so tight there are folds which just accentuates their bulges. 

@rms1954  The "sausage" look is how they roll at HSN.  I don't know how they get some of those girls to come out of the dressing room.  They look awful.

How they "roll".    LOL

Honored Contributor

Side note.... but Iman is not presenting her line today because she's sick.  I hope she has a complete and speedy recovery. 

She must be very sick to not even be able to Skype on her own TS day.  That's pretty huge.  Get Well Iman.

Honored Contributor

@ElvisShops wrote:

I love Iman. I really do. But I HATE SKINNY JEANS. Not just hers, every skinny jean and close-fitting jean or jegging. They look awful on most people. (If you love them, I'm sure they look great on you.) They look bad on even the models. Unless you have perfect legs, why would you want an item of clothing that clings to your legs and shows every lump and bump? I had heard these were going out of fashion. 

Years ago Iman made a trouser pant/jean that fit loosely and did not cling to legs or reveal leg shape. I loved those. 

Sorry for the rant. I was hoping she would be offering something amazing for her TSV. Smiley Sad

@ElvisShops I would love a trouser pant.  

I can't wear skinny jeans and I hate stretchy jeans.  If they're skin tight on the models or even the hosts, they would absolutely look like sausage casings on me.  If I can't wear most boots, I certainly can't wear skinny jeans.  They stretch to fit is not a sales point to me.  If they stretch, they won't stay in place.  I have jeans with only 1% spandex in them and I'm either always pulling them up or I have to wear a belt to keep from having a low hanging crotch.  I am sooooo tired of seeing models pull on the fabric to show how much their jeans stretch.  

Respected Contributor

@ElvisShops @I'm with you. Skinny jeans are not my best fashion statement. I heard a lady yesterday on the q stAte she was in her eighties and was under a hundred lbs. she said she was a double zero and that she liked the straight leg because they didn't cling to her and made her feel good. I was like you go girl! Fashionista!  I like you would really like to find a nice pair of trouser jeans. I had a pair many years ago by Ralph Lauren and I wore them forever!

Honored Contributor

Suzanne said they are called "skinny jeans" but by far not really a tight-fitting skinny.