Honored Contributor

Re: If it's horizontal stripes, it's Liz Claiborne . . .

Looks like Bob Mackie has several tee-shirt dresses that have stripes with some floral. I don't buy Denim & Co. anymore. Not a good fit on me. Also, the prices seem too much for the quality they are now. JMO

Regular Contributor

Talk about hideous, to me it is Lori Goldstein's line. I know she has tons of followers who love her things, and that's fine. It's just my personal opinion, which we are all free to express on these boards. Each person loves/dislikes what they love/dislike. That's why there are so many choices!! BTW, I felt the same as others when Gary first came on the air, wondering why we needed him to join the host. I guess I've kind of gotten used to him by now, but still haven't been buying any D&C lately because of the styles and the prices. When did a D&C t-shirt go up to $30? Even if I did see something I liked, I could go to Macy's with my coupons and get something similar or better for half the price. The prices on the Q have gotten way out of control, methinks.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Honored Contributor

On 2/18/2015 pas4116 said:
On 2/18/2015 luv my Golden said:

I have heard a lot of complaining about the stripes, florals, etc., but no suggestions on what you want. I think the different designers are doing their best in designing the clothes. They are a lot better than the brick and mortar stores. Their clothes are so boring and unattractive.

I would like to see an improvement in the quality of the fabrics. I miss George Simonton Wool coats, Motto 100% cotton tops. All the lines are gravitating towards polyester.

I would like to see more muted colors. Most of the lines carry bright colors or light pastels. Lori Goldstein has some nice colors, but the layered t-shirt look is not for me.

I would love to see better fabrics too.

Super Contributor

On 2/18/2015 LipstickDiva said:
On 2/18/2015 imaclotheshog said:

{#emotions_dlg.lol} Ford ITA.

Stripes are so unimaginative. An easy design. Can you imagine? The design team is sitting around the table and one person says, "wellll....... since we can't think of anything else, let's just do <em>stripes</em> again! The QVC customer loves stripes!"{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

This reminds me of The Devil Wears Prada. Remember when Miranda was in a meeting about upcoming spring items and someone brought up florals. She said something like "florals? for spring? Ground Breaking." {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Yes!{#emotions_dlg.lol} That was such a good movie.Smile

Super Contributor

On 2/18/2015 faeriemoon said:

kittymom, we all buy Q clothes. We're just whining and having some fun with it.

Smile Exactly.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

On 2/19/2015 imaclotheshog said:

I think she took her marbles and went home. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Regular Contributor

I found the Wonder Bread comment hysterically funny. Thanks for the laugh.

Two products no longer manufactured that I love:

Sport Savvy Essentials gray cotton/spandex leisure Yoga pants A97623 (a hint of spandex for comfort but no hot 'rubber' feeling like the higher density spandex items on the Q now.) I purchased 6 pair and lived in them.

Liz Claiborne New York 'cotton cashmere' turtlenecks (mix of cotton/nylon/spandex) designed by Isaac when he took over as head designer at LC. Classic style, beautiful look and so comfortable. Used to purchase these in multiples. l have one left.

Wish the Q would feature more designers who create classic, tailored, casual and comfortable clothing for some of us that appreciate them. Louis can't do it all by himself.

Honored Contributor

SaggingGal, I LOVE your nic.{#emotions_dlg.blush}

Super Contributor

On 2/19/2015 faeriemoon said:

Oh well. You have to learn to shake things off. Life is too short to be offended by something all the time. She regularly gets offended by a lot of things here on the boards.{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Getting back to florals, I have several floral IM cardigans. And don't you know, when I wear one, I get a lot of compliments! Most women do like florals, I guess that is why they sell so many of them. I like more abstract florals, and small florals, but I do like them.

SmileOne of my favorite IM floral cardigan is a watercolor-type printed one, and I always have someone comment on it when I wear it!

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/19/2015 faeriemoon said:

Oh well. You have to learn to shake things off. Life is too short to be offended by something all the time. She regularly gets offended by a lot of things here on the boards.{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Getting back to florals, I have several floral IM cardigans. And don't you know, when I wear one, I get a lot of compliments! Most women do like florals, I guess that is why they sell so many of them. I like more abstract florals, and small florals, but I do like them.

SmileOne of my favorite IM floral cardigan is a watercolor-type printed one, and I always have someone comment on it when I wear it!

Some of you make a lot of assumptions, and you know what happens when you "assume". I said what I had to say. I didn't feel the need to say more. I still don't find the humor in many of these posts. And I didn't take my marbles and go home... I went to the funeral of a close and much loved family member. Satisfied?