Esteemed Contributor

Re: If it's horizontal stripes, it's Liz Claiborne . . .

And the LOGO Lovers and Linea Lovers complain about people making snarky remarks about THOSE designs? Really? They need to read this thread. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

I may not like all the designs or designers that QVC offers, but I don't insult those who do like and buy clothing on occasion from QVC. And I'm one of them. I also live in a large metro area, and get compliments all the time on my "laugh out loud" clothing from the Q.

There are people who read these forums and/or post here who like Isaac, or Liz, or Denim & Co, or Susan, etc. -- apparently millions. So I guess most of the posters here are outnumbered. I SO wish the forums allowed personal pictures, because for every one who has enjoyed your laughs, I for one would love to see pictures of you in your oh so fashionable choices in clothing. It might be a real eye opener (or eye closer, as the case may be). {#emotions_dlg.glare}

And BTW, Gary is not new to Denim & Co - he's head designer and has been around for a long time. So if you could watch it "before", you were watching some of his designs.

I have expressed my opinion, so please refrain from calling me the "board monitor" - That phrase is old and outdated, apparently like the clothing you find so unfashionable.

Respected Contributor

Dizzying!!
Honored Contributor

On 2/18/2015 kittymomNC said:

And the LOGO Lovers and Linea Lovers complain about people making snarky remarks about THOSE designs? Really? They need to readthisthread. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

I may not like all the designs or designers that QVC offers, butI don't insult those who do like and buy clothing on occasion from QVC. And I'm one of them. I also live in a large metro area, and get compliments all the time on my "laugh out loud" clothing from the Q.

There are people who read these forums and/or post here who like Isaac, or Liz, or Denim & Co, or Susan, etc. -- apparently millions. So I guess most of the posters here are outnumbered. ISOwish the forums allowed personal pictures, because for every one who has enjoyed your laughs, I for one would love to see pictures of you in your oh so fashionable choices in clothing. It might be a real eye opener (or eye closer, as the case may be). {#emotions_dlg.glare}

And BTW, Gary is not new to Denim & Co - he's head designer and has been around for a long time. So if you could watch it "before", you were watching some of his designs.

I have expressed my opinion, so please refrain from calling me the "board monitor" - That phrase is old and outdated, apparently like the clothing you find so unfashionable.

I like Liz, and I like Isaac, and I like some D&Co clothes. I don't like the D&Co vendor, he gives me the heebie jeebies.

So you like whom you like and I'll like whom I like . . . and all's good. I gave my OP, which I am entitled to. I didn't mention Susan, so I don't know where you got that.

And I'm not calling you anything, kitty.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Meow!
Honored Contributor

On 2/18/2015 brii said:

best of both worlds

Yuck!

Honored Contributor

kittymom, we all buy Q clothes. We're just whining and having some fun with it.

Super Contributor

On 2/18/2015 lovesrecess said: Meow!

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/18/2015 mnmom said:

. I get so tired of seeing horizontal stripes and hearing "anyone can wear" them. Maybe we CAN, but many of us (including me) shouldn't!

haha...I agree......and i am tired of so many stripes by the designers .........but it won't be too long til we hear from the hosts how "vertical stripes" are so much better for our figures then the horizontal ones because they make you look so much more slimmer!!

Esteemed Contributor

I've never found the humor in making fun of people or what some people happen to like.

If you wouldn't say it to a person's face in real life, then it's my personal opinion that it shouldn't be said here either. But then the boards are anonymous... and I see the so-called "humor" continues...

Have a great night!

Respected Contributor

On 2/18/2015 wildcherry said:

The only thing more ridiculous than some of these tops is the crackpot suggestions the hosts and vendors give you to style them. {#emotions_dlg.lol} Now, it's the time of year when they tell you, if all else fails you can always use the item as a swimsuit coverup! I've heard that several times in the last few weeks.

The wonder bread comments were hilarious. I do think that the wonder bread package was less loud though. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Yeah, like everyone wants to be sporting a giant swath of polyester or spandex-laden cotton as a beach coverup. For me, the only more annoying comments are those centered around whatever the in-house fashion gurus have identified as the trend or color of the season, which will be flogged "and oh by the way"-ed, and craftily (not!) inserted into just about every sentence during a fashion show.