Esteemed Contributor

Re: IS THIS THE SKETCHERS TSV LADIES??

On 3/12/2014 winamac1 said:Skechers GOwalk - Breeze thru Spring & Summer in Renowned Comfort - A252368 Skechers GOwalk Cadence Canvas Slip-on Shoes
On 3/12/2014 susan_ca said:

Not a fan. $39.98 and $6.72 S&H. Not a fan of the look.

Thanks for the pic. I like them. Go walks are so comfy. I wish they were free ship-won't ever happen, LOL, though. I'm getting the pink and perhaps aqua! I love to walk in these shoes!

win, those colors are pretty! These look like the plain canvas style. Is there anything to do to ensure they don't get dirty (like in my case 5 minutes after wearing)?!?!?

Contributor

On 3/12/2014 peachesncream said:
On 3/12/2014 2slow2 said:

Got these and love 'em.

Skechers On The Go Sail Glimmer Lace-up Lightweight Boat Shoes

I love those, where did you get them?????

QVC has these - item A253056.

I haven't seen them anywhere else, though they might be elsewhere. Sometimes QVC gets exclusive styles in shoes, sometimes not.

Thanks very much peachesncream!!

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Winamac1,

Boy, am I glad you posted this. Yesterday I logged onto the "Suggestion Box" and asked that with the Q's purchasing power they make a deal with Skechers to include wide widths in the GOwalk shoe.

Someone indicated that they're not very stylish. True, perhaps. But I can tell you a few things about this shoe.

One of the long bones in my left foot has dropped, making walking in nearly any shoe quite painful. I've been wearing one pair of Ryka rocker type shoes ($100) for 6 years and they're falling apart. A friend from another thread suggested the GOwalk, as I had told her I really need a shoe that feels like I'm walking on marshmallows at this point. So, I went to the Skecher's website and found 1 shoe in black in wide.

The result? This shoe is lightweight, incredibly comfortable and the canvas model is washable. I eventually found a wide in brown suede from a shoe store in New York, but must watch how I get about in them in the wet city in which I live.

Anyway, after I finish this post, I'm going to order 3 pair of GOwalks thanks to you, as I noticed the Q has wide sizes. To say I'm thrilled is an understatement!!!

Thank you so much!

~R

Super Contributor

On 3/12/2014 Favorite Son said:

Sure looks like it. Lots of colors, lots of sizes. That said, I wouldn't go anywhere near that thing. It looks like a shoe you would see on an old gray-haired man in a warm climate, along with his plaid Bermuda shorts.

Well, my dad never wore plaid bermuda shorts, but those were his shoes. He had them in navy, and wore them year-round when not at work. Seriously, they may be comfortable and come in fabulous colors, but my first thought when I saw them was "those were dad's shoes!"

Needless to say, I'm passing on these.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/12/2014 jonbon said:
On 3/12/2014 GinaV24 said:

I have 2 pair of the gowalks (not this style) and I like them very much. I don't think that I like the contrast between the top and the bottom though, so I don't think I'll buy them.

Don't most of the Go Walks have the white bottom too?

They might, I don't recall. I have a black pair which has a black bottom and the gray ones are gray. for me that big contrast between the top and bottom makes it a no sale.

Honored Contributor

On 3/12/2014 magicmoodz said:
On 3/12/2014 winamac1 said:Skechers GOwalk - Breeze thru Spring & Summer in Renowned Comfort - A252368 Skechers GOwalk Cadence Canvas Slip-on Shoes

Thanks for the pic. I like them. Go walks are so comfy. I wish they were free ship-won't ever happen, LOL, though. I'm getting the pink and perhaps aqua! I love to walk in these shoes!

win, those colors are pretty! These look like the plain canvas style. Is there anything to do to ensure they don't get dirty (like in my case 5 minutes after wearing)?!?!?

I haven't had a problem with mine Magic, and I own quite a few pairs in different styles. I have 4 pairs with white bottoms and must be lucky, LOL. My hot pink ones have been worn at least a dozen times and look like new. I love these shoes as they are so lightweight to slip on! I hate paying shipping, but I can't find these exact 2 shades elsewhere.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

On 3/12/2014 sfnative said:

Hi Winamac1,

Boy, am I glad you posted this. Yesterday I logged onto the "Suggestion Box" and asked that with the Q's purchasing power they make a deal with Skechers to include wide widths in the GOwalk shoe.

Someone indicated that they're not very stylish. True, perhaps. But I can tell you a few things about this shoe.

One of the long bones in my left foot has dropped, making walking in nearly any shoe quite painful. I've been wearing one pair of Ryka rocker type shoes ($100) for 6 years and they're falling apart. A friend from another thread suggested the GOwalk, as I had told her I really need a shoe that feels like I'm walking on marshmallows at this point. So, I went to the Skecher's website and found 1 shoe in black in wide.

The result? This shoe is lightweight, incredibly comfortable and the canvas model is washable. I eventually found a wide in brown suede from a shoe store in New York, but must watch how I get about in them in the wet city in which I live.

Anyway, after I finish this post, I'm going to order 3 pair of GOwalks thanks to you, as I noticed the Q has wide sizes. To say I'm thrilled is an understatement!!!

Thank you so much!

~R

You are welcome SFN. I hope they work out. I'm going to get an 8, but I sure hope I don't need an 8.5 I never know which size to take in these, and I'm concerned the Q sizing may be different.

Super Contributor

On 3/12/2014 winamac1 said:

Skechers GOwalk - Breeze thru Spring & Summer in Renowned Comfort - A252368 Skechers GOwalk Cadence Canvas Slip-on Shoes

You're welcome. This style is giving me a complex...... they make me look...... refuse to say "frumpy" lol...... make the front of my small feet look HUGE...... clown-like. LOVE the liners!

Honored Contributor

On 3/12/2014 winamac1 said:

Skechers GOwalk - Breeze thru Spring & Summer in Renowned Comfort - A252368 Skechers GOwalk Cadence Canvas Slip-on Shoes

You're welcome. This style is giving me a complex...... they make me look...... refuse to say "frumpy" lol...... make the front of my small feet look HUGE...... clown-like. LOVE the liners!

LOL

You'll save money!!! I wish I didn't like them, LOL.

Super Contributor

On 3/12/2014 peachesncream said:

Got these and love 'em.

Skechers On The Go Sail Glimmer Lace-up Lightweight Boat Shoes

I love those, where did you get them?????

QVC has these - item A253056.

I haven't seen them anywhere else, though they might be elsewhere. Sometimes QVC gets exclusive styles in shoes, sometimes not.

Thanks very much peachesncream!!

Thanks for replying to 2slow2 and giving her the item #, peachesncr­eam. I was busy at my desk ...... and things were hopping in here. Smiley Surprised)

Yes, I got 'em from the Q. Had been wanting this style for the longest time, but did not see them in my local stores or Zappos. Saw Jane Tracey (sp?) showed them on air one evening, and ran to my laptop to place the order...... didn't hurt myself or anything. LOL!