Just-Reduced Clearance
131 Members and 19200 Guests Online

peachesncream's Activity

Re: "Boring white ware"... It's a matter of opinion.

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1419116059.097

I've noticed that chefs usually use white dishes. Food looks good on white IMO. Our everyday dishes are white - English Countryside by MIkasa. We've had them almost 20 years and still love them. I also love color. I've added Fiestaware in recent years. It's lovely to look at and fun to use. I'm a dish-aholic and love it all. Continue Reading

Re: Buying clothes in 2015: What will you do differently?

In Fashion Talk 1419089938.613

My goals for 2014 (if I remember them LOL) were to favor quality over quantity and to shop from a list. Another goal that cropped up during the year was to upgrade my wardrobe so that I was better prepared (parties, meetings, joining friends for dinner, other events). After retirement, I found my wardrobe gradually became too casual - bordering on sloppy. I bought some dress pants, loafers, dress boots, etc. In 2015 I'll have those same goals: shop the list; buy quality; be prepared. I'll add one: look for a few signature pieces (I seem to wear and enjoy them the most). A wardrobe can get to ... Continue Reading

Re: Down jackets and rain....

In Fashion Talk 1418710872.59

Here's the jacket: http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/32-degrees-quilted-down-packable-puffer-coat?ID=1570552&CategoryID=269#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D63%26kws%3Dpackable%20down%20jacket%26slotId%3D6 Continue Reading

Down jackets and rain....

Last Reply by occasional rain 1418784760.313 | Started by peachesncream in Fashion Talk

We're headed to the San Francisco area tomorrow and the forecast is rain and more rain. DD said to bring a warm, waterproof jacket with a hood. I have an old one, so I'll take it. I really wanted to add my new lightweight packable down jacket in pale silver (from Macy's). Now I'm wondering what will happen if that jacket gets drenched? I have no experience with down and water. Most of my winter jackets are poly-filled, and the one that isn't has never been around water. Should I leave the packable down jacket at home? (It has no hood, either.) Continue Reading

Re: Any items on the TO ME, FROM ME list?

In Fashion Talk 1418709214.403

On 12/14/2014 Bird mama said: I also ordered this jewelry from 1928: bracelet I've had my eye on this bracelet for months. It was originally $55 and I wasn't sure about it since I'd never ordered anything from this site. I've been reading the monthly How are you Styling your Linea threads and saw that JustJazzmom often features beautiful jewelry from 1928. Thanks JJM for posting - you inspired me. I joined the 1928 email list and just received a 30% off coupon and was able to get the bracelet and the earrings and free shipping - all for $58. Edited to correct the name of the Linea thread ... Continue Reading

Re: Any items on the TO ME, FROM ME list?

In Fashion Talk 1418709011.62

On 12/15/2014 AGV said: For the first time ever, I don't want or need anything. I fully retired a few weeks ago and just the feeling of freedom that I have right now is worth more than anything I can purchase. I even told my husband that I don't want any gifts. So happy for you!! Hope you continue to enjoy your retirement, and in good health. DH and I love the extra time with grandkids and the reduction in stress since retirement. We don't miss the extra money we made before. Continue Reading

Re: If you had to carry ONE handbag for the next five years, what would it be?

In Fashion Talk 1418631821.06

This has been a fun thread. Thanks for starting it. Whenever I see a handbag on someone and love it, it's usually by Michael Kors. There's a Michael Kors store in our mall, and the window displays set me drooling. I'd pick something practical like the Bedford Medium Shoulder Bag. It comes in leather or nylon, but I prefer non-leather bags. Love all the colors, and Electric Blue or Navy Blue would come in first. http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/michael-michael-kors-bedford-medium-nylon-medium-shoulder?ID=1739910&CategoryID=26846&zone=PDP_ZONE_A&choiceId=cidA40011-1b10661a-7061-4... Continue Reading

Re: Crushing Candy Canes

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1418607701.007

I also use a ziplock bag - squeeze most of the air out - and the flat side of a meat mallet/tenderizer. At my DD's house I use a hammer. Continue Reading

Re: If you had to carry ONE handbag for the next five years, what would it be?

In Fashion Talk 1418532778.293

On 12/13/2014 lolakimono said: I like this color too. Can you tell us more about this bag, lola? It's so pretty! Continue Reading

Page 1 of 205
1 2 3 4 ...205Next