Shoes & Handbags Offers
131 Members and 11916 Guests Online

peachesncream's Activity

Re: Baking pans--what do you use most?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1409634441.2

I love to bake. I prefer aluminum baking pans. I have Mirro aluminum pans from the 1960's-70's. Also Nordic ware (9 X 9, 13 X 9, round, cookie sheets, Bundt pan). Doughmakers (bread pans) and Wilton (round, square, angel food). For pies, I like glass pie plates - they make for a crispy pie crust. I recently bought a tart pan - haven't used it yet but I'm excited. Continue Reading

Re: Stripes, Star Trek, Sweatshirts, & Animals

In Fashion Talk 1409607744.287

I'm seeing an explosion of stripes in the stores and catalogs. One style I see a lot is the Breton stripe top, similar to what Duchess Kate wears. I love the lightweight terry sweatshirts! They suit a casual lifestyle and the climate where I live. I bought a couple last year and wore them a lot. I like ones with an open neckline. I've also seen whimsical tops with giraffes and other animals. Not my style, but they are cute. There are some high-low hems on tops and sweaters. For some reason they don't work at all for me (probably I'm not tall enough). Continue Reading

Re: Anybody else organizing closets this weekend?

In Linea 1409478126.97

I did a lot of paring down last week when we got back from our vacation. I gave away a lot - and spent some time wondering how/why I accumulated so much more than I need. It feels good to have space in the closet and in the drawers! I kept the best of the best, and will wear those. The days of wanting endless variety in my wardrobe are over. It makes more sense to have a pared-down wardrobe and actually wear the clothes! At least, that's where I'm at right now. Continue Reading

Re: Pleated pants

In Fashion Talk 1409415487.443

I think they make short people look shorter. I won't be wearing them. Clean lines and flat fronts look better on me. Continue Reading

Re: Well, gray is the in color!

In Fashion Talk 1409373110.107

I love gray and always have it in my wardrobe. It goes well with the pinks and blues that I love. Continue Reading

Patience

Last Reply by fbm8282lsm 1409247625.457 | Started by peachesncream in Fashion Talk

I’ve lived this far with the wardrobe I have. I can keep waiting to find pieces I love. That’s a thought I found on the Vivienne Files website. Though it was stated a little differently, that’s the point she was making (and makes often). Be choosy. It pays off in the long run. I’ve become choosy, and I’m not apologizing for it. The “near misses” end up being left in the closet – or I wear them but don’t feel good in them. Better to be patient and wait for the right pieces. They aren’t always the expensive ones. They might turn up in ... Continue Reading

Re: Love this color

In Fashion Talk 1408817668.843

I like them - the color and the zippers. I'm seeing a lot of paler jeans these days. I like the various color options. Lighter colors are flattering to me. They're more casual than dark jeans IMO. But I have a mostly casual life. Continue Reading

Re: Love this color

In Fashion Talk 1408817531.727

I like them - the color and the zippers. I'm seeing a lot of paler denim these days. I like having that option. The lighter colors look good on me. They're more casual than a dark jean IMO. But my wardrobe is mostly casual. Continue Reading

Transition pieces

Last Reply by magicmoodz 1408567881.78 | Started by peachesncream in Fashion Talk

I thought it would be fun to list some transition pieces that you like - whether tops, shoes, bottoms, or accessories - that can move into fall. I like this top at Lands End. Continue Reading

Re: Easy street shoes

In Fashion Talk 1408545442.723

Kohls also carries this brand. I bought a pair last fall. I was disappointed in the ones I bought. I felt they weren't the same quality or comfort as Clarks or Naturalizer. Let us know what you think about the ones you ordered. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 187
1 2 3 4 ...187Next