Better Than Black Friday
140 Members and 14923 Guests Online

peachesncream's Activity

Re: Need ideas of what to wear when the dress code is "dressy casual"??

In Fashion Talk 1416814205.263

Did the invitation say "dressy casual"? I'm just wanting to nail down where that came from. The best way to find out what's expected is to contact the host(s) or whoever issued the invitations. Ask for specific examples of what would be appropriate, instead of vague language. Ask what they are wearing. Another good idea - that's already been mentioned - is to call up a couple of female relatives and find out what they are wearing. Where I live, an evening party at a country club means dressing up a bit. For me, that would be dress pants with a pretty sweater or top, or a sheath dress, and hee... Continue Reading

Re: What is your Favorite Cookie and recipe

In Recipe Swap 1416806708.597

These are pretty and delicious, a special occasion cookie. Cream Wafers: http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/cream-wafers/a12c2f63-6bbd-402d-b67b-d99ae3d86aba Continue Reading

Re: Chico's returns

In Fashion Talk 1416710665.16

Yes, you can make returns in the store. Continue Reading

Re: Any Opinions on new "Coca Cola Life" Compared to "Classic Coca Cola"?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1416633433.037

We like Coke Zero, although I couldn't explain why - it just tastes better than Diet Coke to me. Also like Cherry Coke Zero. I haven't tried Coke Life, but probably won't; it's somewhat reduced in calories but not enough for DH, who is diabetic. And I prefer 0 calorie drinks. Continue Reading

Re: How many jackets will you buy when the body is one fabric and the sleeves another?

In Fashion Talk 1416629373.983

I don't own any. I guess it doesn't appeal to me because I don't like styles that look busy. Continue Reading

Re: Post Ideas for Leftover Pumpkin

In Recipe Swap 1416582243.463

These are yummy. Pumpkin Pancakes Martha Stewart Living Mag. Oct 2004 Makes 8 - 10 Mix in a medium bowl: 1-1/4 cups flour 2 Tablespoons sugar 2 teaspoons baking powder 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon ginger 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg Pinch of cloves Whisk together in a small bowl: 1 cup milk 6 Tablespoons pumpkin 2 Tablespoons melted butter or oil (*I use melted butter) 1 large egg Stir wet mixture into dry ingredients. (Don't overmix.) Let set a few minutes. Pour 1/4 to 1/3 cup batter on lightly greased griddle for each pancake. Continue Reading

Re: Just have to ask about your peanut butter habits.

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1416468654.037

Jif smooth on toast. The hot toast kinds of melts the peanut butter. Yum! That's often my breakfast. Continue Reading

Re: What is THE fashion brand/trend for 3-5th grade girls

In Fashion Talk 1416461544.693

I agree about Justice for the younger girl, Aeropostale for the older one. Gift certificate to Claire's. Bare Traps boots (that look like Uggs) Quilted vest (with hood and/or fur trim) Hoodies Packable down jacket Continue Reading

Re: Winter boots

In Fashion Talk 1416459526.543

I would look at: Sporto (Warm; spiffy boots) LL Bean (Good quality; I think they run small) Crocs (I have a pair of their snow boots and love them!) Bare Traps (Warm; some are fashionable) Continue Reading

Re: What do you fix for Thanksgiving when there are only two of you?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1416453010.973

Cornish hens are perfect for two, and they are very tasty. I like to serve them with wild rice (you can use Uncle Ben's mix to make it easy). But Parmesan Potatoes or scalloped potatoes would be great. A green vegetable (sautéed Brussels sprouts, fresh green beans (with almonds or cashews), or peas (with butter and thyme or little onions). Rolls I love to bake pies, but honestly, there are very good ones at the groceries and bakeries! Continue Reading

Page 1 of 201
1 2 3 4 ...201Next