Respected Contributor

Re: IS THIS DRESS APPROPRIATE FOR A WEDDING?

Perfect for a summer wedding.  

Esteemed Contributor

The lining of the dress is too short, IMO. If you are attending a religious service, find out what the dress code is as some places are conservative and require no bare arms for guests. If you pick a dress that's light colored, why not pair it with a jacket that has color in it? 

Honored Contributor

@Beachy1 wrote:

I like the black one better for a wedding.

ITA

I think the dress is lovely. I would not wear it to someone else's wedding though.  I think it would verge on being inappropriate.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

I think if you're asking you've already answered the question... the beautiful white lace dress is a NO for a wedding guest.  Save it for another special occasion.  You'll look fabulous without any concern of crossing boundaries.  

Contributor

@TY wrote:

The lining of the dress is too short, IMO. If you are attending a religious service, find out what the dress code is as some places are conservative and require no bare arms for guests. If you pick a dress that's light colored, why not pair it with a jacket that has color in it?

I'm only 5'2" tall so the lining would hit me right above the knee.  It would be more of a midi length dress.  I've decided to wear the black one instead.  I don't wnat to compete with the bride.  I'll leave it for another occasion.

Honored Contributor

You are not the first to post something like this. Others have also posted here about wearing white or ivory to weddings.  I just don't understand that with all the dresses and colors out there why do some women feel like their only choices are bridal colors? The lace on this dress makes it a double no for me. I know rules have been relaxed about what to wear, but IMO it is still inappropriate to wear something like this to someone's wedding. 

Honored Contributor

I am reminded of the old adage, "if you have to ask, you probably should not," and you probably knew when you asked.

Honored Contributor

Wear it if you like it. It looks completely appropriate to me. This archaic schlock about not competing with the bride is just ridiculous. She'll be the one standing with the groom and I think everyone gets that.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

It's a hip dress--for a bride.

Respected Contributor

It is a gorgeous dress but I think the black option which is equally beautiful would be a better choice for a weddng.  Just me.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama