Esteemed Contributor

Was watching the Q last nite - I love to watch Shawn and Amy Monday nites.

I realize prices on EVERYTHING these days have skyrocketed, but $67 for a pair of denim shorts - ridiculous!

Guess I will no longer be able to purchase many of my favorite brands - I just can't justify it.Woman FrustratedWoman Sad

Respected Contributor

Plenty of other shopping options out there with better prices and free shipping.  I stopped shopping fashions from the Q years ago.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

Watch Appleseeds; their sales come on often as well as free SH.

Respected Contributor

I purchase a lot of my clothes through catalogs.  It isn't as expensive as QVC because there are no "storytellers" to pay.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Watch Appleseeds; their sales come on often as well as free SH.

Yes!  I placed my first order from Appleseeds about a week ago.  Got four pieces for $90 and free shipping.

Honored Contributor

I heard about Appleseeds on these forums and have placed a couple of orders with them.  Along with Blair I have been very satisfied with the items I've received.  IMO they are the same as D&C but at a more affordable price and often with free shipping.

Honored Contributor

@4kitties   Me too, but I only ordered 2 items.   Got one over the weekend and the other tomorrow.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 

My order was processed and shipped promptly too!

Respected Contributor

My daughter works at the mall at a popular higher end clothing store aimed at teens and 20 somethings.  I was in the store a couple of weeks ago to pick her up.  Denim shorts that were $59 are on sale for $53.  There are other denim shorts that are about $40.

Respected Contributor

Agree with everyone, as to many other choices, and I definitely shop around, look for deals, sales, and still decent quality. I really don't want fast fashion...though I'll admit, Amazon, Target, Old Navy, get me sometimes on some "fun" "fast" items like maybe a sundress for summer...sometimes those "cheapies" are still cotton and made no different than the things offered at 3 times the price elsewhere. You do have to be selective and diligent to check mfg details and fabrics.

But also, I've recently started shopping some of my local boutiques again, that I thought would be too expensive. Honestly, I've found pricing no different than elsewhere, some reasonably priced pieces, on trend, well made, good brands. So, I'm open to that again. No shipping and I can feel and try on too, is another plus!

I don't need a lot right now, and am just filling in any gaps or updates needed in my wardrobe, but I have lots of clothing, (especially having worked, pre-Covid in retail, and as a buyer, still wearing much of that stuff, spoiled getting things at cost then!) Like others have said, I've held onto classic pieces, from years ago, as much of it is better quality than the over priced/lesser quality I see now.

I'm willing to comparison shop, be strategic in using whatever tools I can to save money and not overspend on something that's simply not worth the inflated pricing!

QVC is nuts lately. @eddyandme I think I clicked on some shorts the other day that were $80.00! I thought, are they nuts?! It was either here or online somewhere. They were average looking.