Honored Contributor

Amy is a beautiful girl  that knows how 2 dress 4 her body type but for example the black strapless jumpsuit she wears in the promo doesn't work. I've seen her wear it a couple of times and she looks like a little girl playing dress up. Even Amy can't wear everything.

I didn't think anyone looked terrible in the tsv just that the fit was off because of the no dart situation.

To the gals that sew is it possible to add them after the fact?

Respected Contributor
I noticed Shawn did not wear tsv top tonight...that really makes me think it must look bad on.
Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

Amy is a beautiful girl  that knows how 2 dress 4 her body type but for example the black strapless jumpsuit she wears in the promo doesn't work. I've seen her wear it a couple of times and she looks like a little girl playing dress up. Even Amy can't wear everything.

I didn't think anyone looked terrible in the tsv just that the fit was off because of the no dart situation.

No, there is no fabric to work with.

I saw, too, that it was pulling in the bust area on every model, no matter her size. It seemed like the problem might have been with the sleeve construction. Because that fabric should really not have to have darts.

Respected Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

I saw, too, that it was pulling in the bust area on every model, no matter her size. It seemed like the problem might have been with the sleeve construction. Because that fabric should really not have to have darts.

I agree -- I think it had more to do with the sleeve construction than anything else. Basically, it was just a t-shirt from the shoulders down to the seam at the waistline, and there are millions of stretchy t-shirts that don't have darts and look just fine. All that said, I didn't think it looked that bad, and I actually thought the peplum look was flattering on several of the women I saw wearing it. As with most styles, it was very nice on some and not so nice on others.

Honored Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@Harpa wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

I agree -- I think it had more to do with the sleeve construction than anything else. Basically, it was just a t-shirt from the shoulders down to the seam at the waistline, and there are millions of stretchy t-shirts that don't have darts and look just fine. All that said, I didn't think it looked that bad, and I actually thought the peplum look was flattering on several of the women I saw wearing it. As with most styles, it was very nice on some and not so nice on others.

@jonbon

I was wondering about that exact thing; what is it about this garment that it requires darts? Perhaps because it's not straight up and down but tapers..

According to my seamstress MIL darts and seams placement make a world of difference in the fit of a garment but you're right; I have stretchy knits that don't do that around the bust area...