Contributor

Re: I now think twice before returning anything...

HSN --- thumbs down on honesty !!  AND If you return what them deem "too many items" you find out when you call to place an order that you have been cut -off ! Happened to me despite unused items returned because they didnt tell some important information a customer needs to know! MOST often, misrepresented items. DONT MISS HSN AT ALL ! Esp now that Paypal does flexpay!!

Respected Contributor

Wow I love HSN when it comes to returns. If you need a different size they will send them right out (no charge) and you get credit for return shipping. I recently bought pants from QVC that I wanted to exchange. Because they had a different item number for the "tall" I had the option to return (and pay shipping) the reg length, order "tall" (and pay shipping again) and if those didn't work, pay return shipping on those. No thanks, I'll never buy clothes at QVC again, never. I return plenty at HSN because sometimes I order 2 sizes if I'm not sure, but I also keep plenty. I've never had any issues. They are more than accommodating. Sorry Q 😯
Respected Contributor

Here is what happened to me.  I ordered four items.  Because of sizing issues lately with QVC I ordered a large and extra large on each item.  On all four- the large was a little small and the extra-large was too big.  So I sent them all back. We know that we cannot put all items in the same bag and use the pre-addressed label. It did not occur to me how much I was paying.  I calculate I spent $6.95 times four in shipping changes for a total of $27.80.  If you add the original $3 shipping to get the items to me that is another $12.00 for a total of $39.80 or almost $40.00 in shipping charges to get them back.  Not to mention the slow refunds back to my credit card by QVC.  I really am having second thoughts now. 

Esteemed Contributor

Returns would be far less if the hosts (on all the TV shopping channels) spent more time talking about sizing and less prancing around with the models or tleling us how to wear the clothes.  I know the hosts and vendors may not find it to be sizzling work to talk about sizing and showing garments inside as well as out, but I think it would have a positive imapct on number of returns. 

Honored Contributor

I hardly ever return anything but I certainly think even longer and harder about buying anything that I may not like because of the cost of the shipping and now the return shipping as well. Sometimes the amount of money you'd lose is almost as much as the cost of items (like you mention) so I just forgo the item altogether if I am at all unsure if I'd like the item or be able to wear it (makeup-wise at least- I don't buy clothes from shopping channels).

Honored Contributor

@Trix wrote:

Returns would be far less if the hosts (on all the TV shopping channels) spent more time talking about sizing and less prancing around with the models or tleling us how to wear the clothes.  I know the hosts and vendors may not find it to be sizzling work to talk about sizing and showing garments inside as well as out, but I think it would have a positive imapct on number of returns. 

I completely agree.  That is how we look at a garment in a store, so why don't they show us that on air?   

Sometimes they are so clueless about sizing, too.  You'd think if the card said 24" was a chest measurement, a host would question that.  I have seen them blithely accept it.

I do like that some of them now show the differences between shades of green, tones of blue, and so on.  Some of them are improving in that regard.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

I hardly ever return anything but I certainly think even longer and harder about buying anything that I may not like because of the cost of the shipping and now the return shipping as well. Sometimes the amount of money you'd lose is almost as much as the cost of items (like you mention) so I just forgo the item altogether if I am at all unsure if I'd like the item or be able to wear it (makeup-wise at least- I don't buy clothes from shopping channels).

@shoekitty says, ITA  I am so mad I have to return 2 pair of sandals.  I purchased 3 pair of sandal/shoes after agonizing over the style, color, fit and such.  I have to send 2 back and  I am so disappointed.  The color was so off, the material looked nothing like the enlarged photo online.  The hosts don't go over small details.  Sometimes the  reviews don't help because they don't explain why they like or don't like something all the time. So i loose 5 bucks @ to get them to me, and 5@ each to return them! 

Honored Contributor

I think before purchasing items and I buy much less.  Between the return shipping and doing away with reduced shipping for multiple items it adds up.  I am perfectly capable of getting in the car and driving to the mall but I just hate to shop. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]
~Just be careful with the bank that controls their card. My cousin had calculated a return, that the network told her was fully refunded. Anyway, something went wrong. I think, if I'm remembering correctly that she told me she went online to pay and at that time they hadn't set up online payments. They wouldn't do anything for her. At the time she had been a customer there for decades. They charged her a late fee because even though she mailed it right away....the check wasn't processed for days later!
I don't have any of the network cards. The discounts they give is to hook you in (by "you", I mean us, no single person) mean while the interest fees are up at appx., 20-25%. Just be careful ladies. It took my cousin months to clear the mess up. And she never used her @sn card again!
Personally I use either a debit card or my Amex as you have to pay off most items within that same billing period.
Esteemed Contributor

and I look at it from a different point of view.  I now think twice and 3 times before I BUY anythng.  I'm not willling to pay a $10 "try on" fee for clothing in particular.