Honored Contributor

Re: I guess I just don't get it...

I had something similar happen with 2 D & Co. sweaters. Same sweater, same size, 2 different colors. One was 4 inches bigger across the chest. This is why I hesitate to order any clothes online anymore from any brand or retailer - sizing issues. At least in a store I can try things on and make sure they fit.
Esteemed Contributor

It isn't only QVC; it also exists in the stores. Consistency in sizing is a thing of the past. Now, you have to try on every item in the store even if it is the same size. With ordering from any online store, you keep your fingers crossed.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Super Contributor

I've had that happen before but at other places too...
Valued Contributor

On 4/28/2014 KonaKat said:

It isn't only QVC; it also exists in the stores. Consistency in sizing is a thing of the past. Now, you have to try on every item in the store even if it is the same size. With ordering from any online store, you keep your fingers crossed.

The whole appeal of the Q, for me, was the fact that I didn't have to drag tons of pants into a dressing room to try on. Now, b&m stores are looking pretty good to me.

Regular Contributor

A sales person at Coldwater Creek told me the sizing difference is due to the fact that different colors of items like pants are made at different factories...sometimes in different cites...so the sizing is only up to the workers that are doing the sewing...even if a machine does the original cutting...crazy but true.

Honored Contributor

It's very annoying.

I think D & Co. Is the worst offender

Honored Contributor

On 4/29/2014 carlotta said:

A sales person at Coldwater Creek told me the sizing difference is due to the fact that different colors of items like pants are made at different factories...sometimes in different cites...so the sizing is only up to the workers that are doing the sewing...even if a machine does the original cutting...crazy but true.

Sure........when I worked at a fancy-smancy resort........everytime something went "wrong", we blamed it on "The Satellite"......... Most guests were quite content to know the problem was in "outer space"...............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Not applicable

Unfortunately I am finding the sizing of D&Co very inconsistent. I find I cannot go by measurements. This is true for the same item in the same and different color options.

Not applicable

I find the D&C brand has deteriorated drastically since I started buying years ago. You used to be able to order your regular size and everything would fit. I could order the millions-ordered pants and they would be just as great. Not so now. The fabric is cheap, wrinkles badly and is scratchy to the touch. The prices seem to be getting higher...how about bringing back the quality??? Gary...can you help us die hard QVC fans???

Respected Contributor

Yes, it is infuriating.

And you know what happens with a regularly infuriated customer, QVC ...