Valued Contributor

Re: I am so over the uneven hems

Agree, although i was never into them.  Sloppy looking, layers upon layers, raggedy looking.  

Respected Contributor

I just bought a dress that is mid calf in the front and maxi length in the back. It's really pretty!  I guess I wear many types of hems except I don't really care for shark bite or handkerchief. I think many blouses are very slightly longer in the back than the front.  I have a lot that are like that, I think it's pretty classic styling.  I wear blouses fully tucked, half tucked, and untucked. Just depends on the outfit.  I was previosly too fat to tuck anything in and now that I'm not, tucking is a very enjoyable thing to do.  

Frequent Contributor

Shark bite, asymetrical, high/low,  cold shoulder, bell sleeve, pouffy sleeves, keyhole, peekaboo, peplum.....are just plain UGLY

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@grayhairdontcare wrote:

Shark bite, asymetrical, high/low,  cold shoulder, bell sleeve, pouffy sleeves, keyhole, peekaboo, peplum.....are just plain UGLY

@grayhairdontcare    Your opinion.  Thank goodness we all have different styles.  

Trusted Contributor

I agree.  I am over the half tuck with the shirts and blouses, too.  Whoever thought that was a good look.  It just looks silly to me.

Super Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Re:  tucking techniques ...

What I really, really, really DO NOT think is attractive is the top or jacket tied in front a la SG or Shawn.

When Shawn does that, I feel like she is just trying to save the look and make the garment appear more flattering. Some of the items she has to model are quite baggy and frumpy. It's nice to actually see a shape underneath your clothing. I also think the half tuck can be quite flattering, and is a more modern look than a full tuck when you are dressing casually.Too many of the clothes on QVC seem to be about hiding your body. 

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”
Honored Contributor

I think there is a place for all of these things: sharkbite hems, v-front hems, cold shoulders, bell sleeves, half tucks, etc.

It just seems that the Q jumps on a trend and beats it to death.

Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

It just seems that the Q jumps on a trend and beats it to death.

I agree! Maybe it's their ploy all along. They want you to get so sick & tired of it that you'll jump on the next bandwagon!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LorelaiGilmore wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

What I really, really, really DO NOT think is attractive is the top or jacket tied in front a la SG or Shawn.

When Shawn does that, I feel like she is just trying to save the look and make the garment appear more flattering. Some of the items she has to model are quite baggy and frumpy. It's nice to actually see a shape underneath your clothing. I also think the half tuck can be quite flattering, and is a more modern look than a full tuck when you are dressing casually.Too many of the clothes on QVC seem to be about hiding your body. 

@LorelaiGilmore   When Shawn first came to QVC, her attire looked worse than anything she is asked to wear now.  I don't know who dressed her when she first came to QVC, but she really did not dress well.  Her style and wardrobe have much improved.  If she is asked to wear the items QVC sells, that is part of her well-paid job.

Super Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@LorelaiGilmore wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@LorelaiGilmore   When Shawn first came to QVC, her attire looked worse than anything she is asked to wear now.  I don't know who dressed her when she first came to QVC, but she really did not dress well.  Her style and wardrobe have much improved.  If she is asked to wear the items QVC sells, that is part of her well-paid job.

I have no problem with her having to wear the clothes. I just feel that she is trying to show other ways you can wear the items. Usually, what she does looks much better than the way the models are styled, imo.

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”