Super Contributor

Re: I am seriously questioning QVC's ordering amounts...A253384

On 4/24/2014 Sheesh said:

Here's what I currently purchase from the Q:

Linea--lots, lots and lots---this is the primary reason I shop at QVC and has been for a long time

Aimee Kestenberg handbags--my new FAVE--have about 7 of her bags (but I don't need any more). I quit B. Makowsky a long time ago. I did pick up a orYANY Tote earlier this year.

Judith Ripka---used to buy tons, now very little (have all I will ever need)

Make-up and Skin Care (you know, since hope springs eternal Cool): StriVectin, Philip Thomas Roth, Philosophy, Laura Geller, Bare Minerals, Mally, It Cosmetics, Tarte, Dr. Denese, Dr. Dennis Gross, Lipstick Queen, Nick Chavez, ProStrong, Fresh,

Garden: Cottage Farms, Roberta's

Shoes: Orthaheel sandals

Electronics: an occasional piece, like a camera

Household: an occasional piece like DuraFlame Heater, a ladder...

Without Linea, I'd likely stop shopping at the Q altogether.....

I second that emotion! (your closing statement)

btw - hubby gifted me orYany A236561 in Black - I love it!

Respected Contributor

On 4/24/2014 NaturalBornWoman said:

Oh, I just watched the video for your Black orYANY bag---love it---I would have bought, too, if I had seen it! Very Chanel-ly!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Super Contributor

On 4/24/2014 Sheesh said:
On 4/24/2014 NaturalBornWoman said:

Oh, I just watched the video for your Black orYANY bag---love it---I would have bought, too, if I had seen it! Very Chanel-ly!

Not real big on bags (cuts into my shoe budget-LoL)! But, if they bring back the Oxblood & that beautiful Stone? - they will be mine! It's the perfect size to carry bare bone necessities + great size for travel.

Looking forward to your review of the Stingray bag. . . .

Honored Contributor

Except for a few select pieces that sell out quickly there seems to be a very large inventory of Linea (compared to the past).

Trusted Contributor

They have increased the inventory for Linea but I would hardly call it ""very large""!

Years ago before they decided to can Louis and Linea he used to have at least two TSVs per year. Also a much larger selection and more depth in inventory. You didn't have to place your order at midnight than HOPE that they sent you the right thing because there was no more inventory!

Louis was also on much more often. This was all before the new management team came on board and QVC started its decline across the board.

Super Contributor

On 4/24/2014 DiAnne said:

Except for a few select pieces that sell out quickly there seems to be a very large inventory of Linea (compared to the past).

I agree DiAnne! There is no other QVC designer (excluding the house brands) who is allowed to bring so much new. The inventory has grown tremendously over the past years - both in clothing and jewelry. While some items do sell out, often most come back in stock within a couple of weeks. There is a fine line between meeting demand and being stuck with excess inventory. I think the buyer has been doing a great job!
Trusted Contributor

On 4/24/2014 Debbie1426 said:
On 4/24/2014 DiAnne said:

I agree DiAnne! There is no other QVC designer (excluding the house brands) who is allowed to bring so much new. The inventory has grown tremendously over the past years - both in clothing and jewelry. While some items do sell out, often most come back in stock within a couple of weeks. There is a fine line between meeting demand and being stuck with excess inventory. I think the buyer has been doing a great job!
I am wait listed for the fishy but other than that the inventory has been plentiful. I really have been able to order at my leisure and even get duplicate colors in some items. Boy has this line come a long way! I am sure Louis is very pleased these the growing orders.
Super Contributor

I've thought about this, and posted before that I think it's one word: margins. Because Louis insists on quality fabric and not making everything out of rayon span, or some other high volume QVC fabric, they make less $$$ on each Linea item sold (Walmart CEO). Therefore, they order few. It's all about their cost to make each item. Louis is making a high quality item, but they have decided they can only charge xyz to sell out. So they order more Susan Graver, less Linea. It's as simple as that (I like both brands BTW so please don't flame me). I think the only recourse is to keep ordering but I agree, sell outs are annoying. That's a beautiful tunic!!
Trusted Contributor

I wanted to order the stunning new GILI dress for my daughter but it sold out. Same happened with a Sunny Leigh top. There are sell outs in all lines.
Respected Contributor

On 4/25/2014 kimsu1 said: I've thought about this, and posted before that I think it's one word: margins. Because Louis insists on quality fabric and not making everything out of rayon span, or some other high volume QVC fabric, they make less $$$ on each Linea item sold (Walmart CEO). Therefore, they order few. It's all about their cost to make each item. Louis is making a high quality item, but they have decided they can only charge xyz to sell out. So they order more Susan Graver, less Linea. It's as simple as that (I like both brands BTW so please don't flame me). I think the only recourse is to keep ordering but I agree, sell outs are annoying. That's a beautiful tunic!!

I agree with you. When a designer basically uses one or two fabrics it is much easier to buy the line. You dye the colors as you need them, but with a line with such variety of fabric as Louis uses it has to be more difficult. I couldn't be happier with the many fabrics Louis uses. It gives me so many choices. If something sells out and I miss it I know there will be something else on the next show that I will want just as much. Sometimes sellouts save me a little money LOL