Regular Contributor

As I aged my waist became thicker. I cannot seem to find a pair of pants that fit. I cannot wear the pants with elastic all the way around, only the ones with elastic in the back. seems when the waist fits the hips are too large.

QVC doesn't show that type anymore. I would like pull on pants with elastic in back only, no leggings or jeggings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Respected Contributor

Re: I Need Help Finding Pants.

Appleseed's has these microfiber pull on pants with elastic in the back

http://appleseeds.blair.com/p/microfiber-elastic-waist-pants/2789.uts

Honored Contributor

@Stardust2

I don't own these, but they get good reviews, from L.L. Bean:

Wrinkle-Free Bayside Pants, Original Fit Comfort Waist
Item #: TA209459

Product Details

These bestselling women’s wrinkle-free twill pants are back by popular demand, and they haven’t changed a bit; our original Bayside Pants offer the classic look of flat-front khakis with a subtle elastic waist that ensures all-day comfort.

Size & Fit

• Original Fit: Sits higher on the waist.
  • Relaxed through hip and thigh.
  • Tapered leg.
  • Inseams: Misses 30". Petite: 28". Medium Tall: 32". Tall: 34”. Women’s: 30”.
  • Fabric & Care
    • Wrinkle-free cotton.
    • Machine wash and dry.
    Additional Features
    • Elastic back at waist for added comfort.
    • Front pockets.
    • Back welt pocket.
    • Imported.
Honored Contributor

I purchase most all of my pants from CJ Banks (Christopher Banks). They come in many lengths and sizes.  The waists of most pants have a soft elastic lining that can not be seen from the outside.  The waist never rolls over or digs.  These pants really move with you and they are not low on your hips.

They sell jeans, casual and dressier pants.  They can be purchased from their website or in a store.

i know you will love them.

Valued Contributor

I am an apple shape myself and I have found Eddie Bauer's pants to be great.  Both slacks and jeans.  they have several different fits, and I like the 'curvy' fit.  They are regular button fly pants, but they are a little more generous in the waist.  The curvy jeans also have a little elastic around the waist (still button fly, you would never know it from looking at them on a person).

They aren't super cheap but they have sales and free shipping often.  They also have short, regular and long.  Regular and plus. 

I hate to shop for pants, good luck!

Respected Contributor

@Stardust2. Have you tried Quacker Factory Dream Jeannes?  The waist isn't fully elastic, but it does stretch.  I like the regular bootcut and the slim leg pull-on styles.  I don't wear tops tucked in or too short and I find that these create a slimming profile.  There are lots of colors and lots of reviews.  I hope you find what you're searching for.

Honored Contributor

They're not elastic but I recently discovered a new, to me, waistband when I purchased some Lee relaxed fit capris. They are cotton but the waistband is a knit! I'm an hourglass and have always had trouble with the fit of the waist but these are really quite nice! I hadn't tried them on in the store so I didn't even notice the waistband until I got home! The fit was so nice I actually purchased a couple more and they're holding up really well too. Not stretching out or folding over or getting misshapen