Esteemed Contributor

Re: I NEED a Crisp White Button Down

Thank you Alice Moderator.  Wonderful colors but my size is gone.....will they restock?

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@coco14 wrote:

I live in my white blouses - for years I purchased them through Coldwater Creek, but then they changed the style and fabrication -  so then I tried many other brands -

Jones NY is a good choice - but I  now buy them from L. L. Bean - they launder well and do not need to be ironed ( I do not own an iron).  The shipping and handling are  free and I often receive e-mails with either 10% off or a $10.00 coupon.

I own many of them, in white and in colors.  The length of most blouses offered at other sources and stores was too long, and so, when I ordered from L.L. Bean, I chose my size in petite (I am FAR from being petite) and they hit me perfectly.

LOL @coco14, don't own an iron.  Seems so out of date don't they?

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@tedEbear wrote:

NORDSTROM'S

That's my go to usually.  Found one that I could afford, but size is gone.  LOL.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Ralph Lauren has a no iron traditional shirt.,  It comes in white, blue, and several stripes.  I have seen it at Belk and is part of the regular collection.

All of their things are not on the .com.

Eddie Bauer also has beautiful classic shirts.

Eddie Bauer is quality.  I know this for a fact.  It didn't occur to me though.  Heading to check it out.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks to everyone who chimed in.  I'll let you all know what I wind up with.

Ya always gotta have a couple of nice button down shirts imo.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

I can't imagine what websites were searched which did not have white cotton button down shirts. I see them in all price ranges from around $30 up to $100s.  As previously mentioned Brooks Brothers, Land's End, LL Bean, Nordstrom, Coldwater Creek, Chico's; and in addition to those: Banana Republic, Ann Taylor, and every department store you can think of from moderate priced Kohls right on up to high end Neiman-Marcus.  

Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis

I have a nice Inc 'white' button down cotton/span hanging in my closet.

Unfortunately it's no longer crisp white!

Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

LOL @coco14, don't own an iron.  Seems so out of date don't they?

I could not live without my iron and steamer.  95% of what I wear (and what my husband wears)  is either ironed or steamed.

Esteemed Contributor

My favorite white button downs are by Brooks Brothers and Foxcroft.

Esteemed Contributor

@Trix wrote:

I can't imagine what websites were searched which did not have white cotton button down shirts. I see them in all price ranges from around $30 up to $100s.  As previously mentioned Brooks Brothers, Land's End, LL Bean, Nordstrom, Coldwater Creek, Chico's; and in addition to those: Banana Republic, Ann Taylor, and every department store you can think of from moderate priced Kohls right on up to high end Neiman-Marcus.  

@Trix, well yep, believe it.  I did say in my opener not too expensive with cotton/spandex blend.  Not 100% cotton.  Not a polyesther/cotton/spandex blend.

I've seen plenty that I can't afford. I'm an avid online shopper and I tried all resources I know of (that I can afford) and found nothing to my liking.  Thus, the reason for asking for other store ideas.  

*Call Tyrone*