Honored Contributor

How have your Tolani tops come through being washed?

I have a few of these from last season, worn a few hours only.  I should wash them up but I read one horrible review on how these behave in the laundry and being ironed.  So I need more info.  I'm so used to the Kim Gravel coming out of the dryer beautifully.  

Honored Contributor

Re: How have your Tolani tops come through being washed?

[ Edited ]

I don't have Tolani, but I'm thinking that hand washing, and then a quick spin (seconds) in the spin cycle of your washer.  Then, hang to dry, or dry flat to dry.

That's what I do with all of my special/delicate items.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've only hand washed mine and hung to dry - no issues - but I always run an iron over everything before I put it on.

(I don't like putting my tops in the laundry basket to get all wrinkled while waiting for the next machine load. It's just easier and more efficient for me just to hand wash when I take it off - hang it to dry.  Less wear and tear on my clothes.)

Respected Contributor

I just hand wash with Woolite then just pull them out of the water (no wringing!) and dripping wet onto a hanger. Let the water dripping off pull all the wrinkles out then if I want to hit it with my steamer. They look brand new.

Respected Contributor

I have several tops and I wash them on delicate in the machine and hang dry. They come out very wrinkled. Not worth the effort to try to iron or steam. 

Esteemed Contributor

Only bought one.  I admit I'm not the best at doing laundry - washed in cold and laid flat to dry.  Tons of wrinkles, which I think came out easily enough with a quick steam.  It's not a stiff looking shirt, so the steam was all I thought was necessary.  I like the shirt and will enjoy wearing it; I'm just not 100% sure I would buy another.