Trusted Contributor

How does ebates work?

[ Edited ]

I just signed up for ebates now how do I use it?  For example, if I want to order from qvc or llbean do you have to go through the ebates website?

Respected Contributor

Yes, you have to go through the Ebates website

Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover.  The merchant must be a member of the discount website.  You need to go to Ebates and read the rules.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I have used Ebates and it so easy. Sign in and then pick from the gazillion stores that they have. Most every store that you probably shop at is on the list. Pick your store, it will take you to that website and shop as you normally do and whammy your rebate comes quarterly.

Trusted Contributor

My Biggest issue is remembering to use it.  Simple simple though

Honored Contributor

Ebates is now named Rakuten!! They dont often have the best rates, but their CS is wonderful!!

Once you get used to using it, try Top Cash Back, Mr Rebates, Extrabux, Be Frugal for better rates.  They all work the same way. 

Honored Contributor

Yes - go to their website or app first - log in, type in the store you want to shop at, and it directs you to that store's website.

Valued Contributor

@Squirrel Lover 

Sign up for all the others mentioned above too!  Before I make a purchase I check each one to see which is offering the highest rebate at that moment for the store I am interested in.  One time I caught a 10% rebate for a store when all the other web sites were only offering between 1-3%!  I got about a $10.00 rebate with the approx. $100.00 purchase I made that day when I caught that 10% offer!

And the rebate percentages can change frequently, even during the same day.  So go with which ever one has the best rebate at the moment you are deciding to make your purchase.  Might take a little longer but could be worth it in the end.

Honored Contributor

As of today, I have collected $5,649.00, from Mr. Rebates.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I belong to Mr Rebates  because they have more of my sites.