Regular Contributor

How does anyone buy shoes from QVC?

I just got in the cutest Isaac slip on sneaker.  I am always a size 10M but this shoe runs 1/2 to 1 size too small.  I called customer service and it is my privilege to return and buy another size to try...all at my loss of ALL S/H.  This will be $100 shoe by the time I am done!  What a ripoff.  How could I possibly know if the TSV Marc Fisher boot is a good fit????

Esteemed Contributor

Re: How does anyone buy shoes from QVC?

I'm not buying the MF boot, but I did hear him say it runs very true to size. I usually wear a 7, but if I'm buying designer shoes, I always go up a half size. Seems to work for me. Sometimes reviews will say size up or down and if there seems to be a consensus, I pay attention and order accordingly.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sometimes if you look on-line at the product description, it will tell you if the shoe runs small or big.  If there is nothing in the product description, I watch the video presentation and see if they say anything about the sizing.  

The only time I've ever had to send a shoe back because of fit was a pair of Aerosoles thong flip-flops.  The host and all the models said they ran true to size as did the website.  I normally am a 7 1/2 or an 8, bought the shoes in an 8 and they were too small.  My foot hung over the back.  I called CS, they checked the video about the sizing info and credited me all the s/h.       

Honored Contributor

i generally dont have any problems buying shoes online......i am almost always an 8M and that is what i buy. i have a good number of isaacs shoes and boots and they all fit me in my regular size......plus i know they will stretch out a bit.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I do feel like I'm taking a chance whenever I order shoes online (especially when there is no free return). So far I've been pretty lucky here - I haven't had to send any back under the new shipping policy. 

Honored Contributor

I don't know how anyone buys any shoes without trying them on.  I was told one time by a store owner that something over 50% of shoes ordered on the Internet become returns -  and there are probably others sitting in closets or in thrift stores that should have been returned!

That said - as I picture my closet, there are a few pairs of "long-distance shoes"  -- sneakers of the same item number I'd bought locally with a fitter first as well as a few pairs of sandals.  All the rest of my shoes were purchased locally. 

Even if I can return shoes free of cost, I know myself too well.  I'd resent the packing, the wrapping -  and probably just donate what didn't fit me.  Might as well shop locally for shoes and pay a bit more.  Fortunately, I live in a place where great shopping is still possible, something that I know is becoming more and more difficult as shoppers go more for the Internet.  I'm just not there.

Honored Contributor

Shame on the Q if they don't inform us repeatedly on-air while selling an item that requires sizing up or down. Sometimes it's better to wait and check the reviews, rather than buying a new item. Then you learn of sizing or quality problems before risking the expense and hassle of returns. But those who do buy the new items are the "guinea pigs."

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Contributor

I have ordered wide shoes from catalogs and now on-line for most of my life.  Most shoes in stores don't fit me-except SAS (San Antonio shoes). I was tempted to order the MF TSV, but 11 or 12 $ for shipping- too risky!  Most online stores offer free shipping if your order is $ 75 these days....  The price seems reasonable for the boot if it included shipping charges and returns.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i generally dont have any problems buying shoes online......i am almost always an 8M and that is what i buy. i have a good number of isaacs shoes and boots and they all fit me in my regular size......plus i know they will stretch out a bit.

This is true for me too.

I'd love the Marc Fisher boot in the two tone but I'm waiting a bit to wear the 2 new boots I have purchased so far this year and see what I really need.

Respected Contributor

if it's a brand that i already own and am sure about, i don't have a problem ordering online.