Frequent Contributor

Re: How do you Line Dry clothes?

I try to do that too.  Ut sometimes I buy one that says line dry.

Frequent Contributor

That's how I grew up in New England. My mom did not have a clothes dryer so it was. Clothesline on the back porch and clothespins. Everything smelled so good.

Frequent Contributor

I love that you love ironing.  Wish I did.

Frequent Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Isn't that what a treadmill is for?  LOL

I have a tri-pod plasic rack I bought that has arms coming off of it.  The arms have holes in them to slip hangers through and that is where I hang everything to dry.  It's set up in my spare bedroom.  

Cracked me up with that treadmill line.😀

Respected Contributor

I also have a folding drying rack. Never put undergarments in dryer. Many of my button front shirts I put on hanger and hang over door, they dry pretty quick. I dry other clothes on low temp and often finish drying on drying rack. Always dry towels and sheets in dryer. Have a friend who drys her sheets on a drying rack and says it works fine but has to keep turning them until dry. I rarely iron anymore, bothers my back!
Respected Contributor

Ummm... No. I don't think I've seen a clothesline in person before lol

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sweaters and jeans never meet the dryer, so I have a couple of drying screens.  I have room to set it up.  I just spread out the jeans & sweaters (flat) to dry. In winter especially they dry pretty quickly because of the central heat.  I never hang them up to dry.  I have an older home.  They have old style dressing rooms attached to the bedrooms. Which are a little bigger then the walk in closets, etc.  So I have room to set them up.  I used to hang up the 100% cotton tops, but I no longer do that.  They tumble dry for less then 10 min then hang up over the machines in the laundry room.  For the most part, they don't shrink.

This is funny, but my husband bought the cat a bed to lie down on. But the cat didn't like it.  It resembles a drying rack. So I took it over, adding it to my drying equipment. Works just like a drying rack.